Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TRBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hank914
Moving out of the FS section to the. Garage section...

"...need someone up there to either set her up for long term storage or to get exercised every few weeks until you're back."

Here is an idea worth exploring:

Service members (or expat biz people) who are out of the country for extended times, could "rent" out their teeners to responsible parties for long term heated storage, regular exercise, etc. I would pay $50-$75/mo to care for a nice 914 driver to keep warm, dry and take for Sunday drives.

The owner could make $600-$900/yr, avoid the storage fees (another $900/year), and everybody would be happy. And how much appreciation would they get as prices keep rising?

If VRBO does it with million dollar houses, it could be done with $10k-$20k 914s.

I am all wet, or could this be done?
billh1963
No one is going to rent out their car to someone to drive, incur mechanical wear, possible collision damage, etc. Who replaces tires? Who pays for maintenance? Could you imagine how comprehensive the T&C's would have to be?

Renting your house is FAR less risky than renting your car.

You really think anyone would rent their car for $50 a month? Good grief
EdwardBlume
With 914 prices rising and low interest rates, buying one outright is a better option.
wes
I'd like one for next weekends Rennsport as mine is not quit ready and I have corral parking ticket with no way to use it.
Mike Bellis
If I rented out my car, it would come back wrapped in a tree... dry.gif
Chris914n6
I'm pretty sure a few of us with non-running cars would like to rent one for events. Or for a weekend just to get the motivation back for the project. Or to test out a subie/etc swap.
Full time storage replacement scenario, probably not.
garrettlee2
I would love to rent a car for the day for the northeastern rally next weekend. My wife and I are vacationing out their next week and a 914 would be much more fun then are rental SUV, really anything would be more fun to drive.
TheCabinetmaker
I don't care who you are and how much money you have. Your not driving my 914. Period! That's part of the reason I'm single again. Selfish? Damn right!
r_towle
50/day would still not be enough.
50/ month, have another beer dude.
Mike Bellis
Ok. I've reconsidered. I will rent out my 914.
piratenanner.gif

It will require a $25,000 non refundable deposit. shades.gif

JRust
Yeah your not going to have much luck there renting. There are people on 914world I'd let borrow my car. They are people I know well though & trust. Best of luck though. Letting my car go out at an event for a day so someone get's to drive a 914 is even possible. Still going to have to be someone I know though confused24.gif

I have personally had 2 people let me borrow their car for an event. Eric & Val as well as Joe (Stratplayer). It was awesome but I was nervous as hell in their cars. Still made for a great weekend but a little stressful. Just go to an event & find a spare passenger seat. Otherwise price of admission is buy yourself a 914
ice cold
There are people out there that charge the owners of vehicles to drive them when they are away for extended periods. . If I remember correctly John Forbes wife used to do it years ago when he was in Florida. I am sure most of us make an effort to start and drive our vehicles regularly to exercise them. I drive a company vehicle all week long and make sure to start and drive my personal vehicles on a regular basis.
Mike Bellis
Let's reminisce about Conedodger's car at WCR Tahoe... hissyfit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.