Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM Nominations for Nov 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Nominations are now open for COTM for November 2015.

A nomination must have a photo and 914WORLD members username, then be seconded by another member. Entries can not nominate their own car. Each person can only nominate AND Second one car.

Previous car winners can not be nominated (See below thread for previous winners), Members that have won but have another car worthy of nomination are encouraged to be nominated on the same token as everyone else.

I am going to make this nomination open to all, however I will disclose the following facts and let you members nominate whom you wish.

Over the past 36 winners below are the facts I have gathered.

20ea Narrow body cars
16ea Flared cars
13ea 4 cylinders (type 4)
21ea 6 cylinders (Porsche)
1ea 8 cylinder (928 engine)
24ea Appeared modified at first glance
1ea Non Porsche engine cars
1ea Track/Race car

NOMINATIONS as of 9/22/15 8:14AM

914Next's 73 2.0
Campbellcj's racecar
BIGKAT_83's conversion
gasman's LE
EdwardBlume
I'd like to nominate 914Next's gorgeous 1973 red 2.0.
EdwardBlume
Just awesome....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...256832&st=0

Maltese Falcon
I think it's time for another racer. This particular one looks like it can also be driven on the street to a local Cars+Coffee as well driving.gif . Always looking like it's in motion (even parked) !
Built into a racer by the best So-Cal techs, from a basically perfect street 914; I will put my vote in for Campbellcj / Chris C.
Marty
Click to view attachment
turk22
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 19 2015, 01:13 PM) *

I second it! beerchug.gif
boxsterfan
Blue cars rule.

Andyrew
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Sep 19 2015, 07:11 PM) *

Blue cars rule.

Does not qualify as a nomination, Member name is required.

"A nomination must have a photo and members username, then be seconded by another member. Entries can not nominate their own car."
Chris H.
I'll nominate Bob (BIGKAT_83)'s stunning LS conversion. Hopefully the Octeenerfesters got a good look at it this weekend. You really have to see it in person. It's especially impressive when you consider that Bob did pretty much all of the work himself including the flare installation, etc. It has Wilwood brakes, Boxster 6 speed trans, etc.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914forme
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 19 2015, 02:48 PM) *

I think it's time for another racer. This particular one looks like it can also be driven on the street to a local Cars+Coffee as well driving.gif . Always looking like it's in motion (even parked) !
Built into a racer by the best So-Cal techs, from a basically perfect street 914; I will put my vote in for Campbellcj / Chris C.
Marty
Click to view attachment

I'll second Chris' car, I nominated it last time around wub.gif

Dang Chris, toss one of the best conversion up too, I'll second Bob's Car BigKat aktion035.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Sep 19 2015, 07:11 PM) *

Blue cars rule.

I nominate boxsterfan's blue car!
Andyrew
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 20 2015, 10:38 AM) *

Dang Chris, toss one of the best conversion up too, I'll second Bob's Car BigKat aktion035.gif

One second per person.. dry.gif

I'll second BIGKAT_83's conversion smile.gif
stevegm
I nominate the 914-6 GT race cars at Okteenerfest this weekend - Number 19 and number 57.
Johny Blackstain
Once again I will nominate Jim & Mel's Creamsicle because A: I'm biased, B: I think it's prettier than mine & mine is quite pretty & C: never seen an LE win COTM, much less get nominated, ever.
Andyrew
QUOTE(stevegm @ Sep 20 2015, 03:05 PM) *

I nominate the 914-6 GT race cars at Okteenerfest this weekend - Number 19 and number 57.

Member name? confused24.gif
Stacks914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 20 2015, 09:25 AM) *

I'll nominate Bob (BIGKAT_83)'s stunning LS conversion. Hopefully the Octeenerfesters got a good look at it this weekend. You really have to see it in person. It's especially impressive when you consider that Bob did pretty much all of the work himself including the flare installation, etc. It has Wilwood brakes, Boxster 6 speed trans, etc.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

THIS
t collins
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 20 2015, 02:53 PM) *

I third Bob's conversion first.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 20 2015, 03:41 PM) *

Once again I will nominate Jim & Mel's Creamsicle because A: I'm biased, B: I think it's prettier than mine & mine is quite pretty & C: never seen an LE win COTM, much less get nominated, ever.

Second. Jims car also was the feature of a recent Hemmings Sport and Exotic car magazine and is a Concours winner.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 20 2015, 08:03 PM) *

Second. Jims car also was the feature of a recent Hemmings Sport and Exotic car magazine and is a Concours winner.

Still have no idea on the members name here....
JeffBowlsby
Jim Flanagan
mgp4591
If thirds are allowed my vote is for Bobs V8 conversion- I saw it when it was under construction and it was impressive in the idea alone. Now as the completed product I can't wait to head back and see it finished in person! drooley.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 20 2015, 09:33 PM) *

gasman

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...+le++creamsicle
t collins
QUOTE(t collins @ Sep 20 2015, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 20 2015, 02:53 PM) *

I third Bob's conversion first.gif

Click to view attachment
db9146
Some interior shots of Bob's LS conversion.....

leather, leather everywhere
Click to view attachment

electronic dash
Click to view attachment

nice seats
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
I think this is the same one. This is one of the few cars that has given me pause... It combines the non stock color of a car I used to have and miss, and the flared fenders.... aktion035.gif
BIGKAT_83
Thanks for all the complaiments on my car. I'll have to dig up some of the old pictures of the before and after. It seems like it taken for ever to finish this, but I did build 4 other conversion cars while I was working on this.

Thanks again everyone

Bob
Andyrew
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 21 2015, 05:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 20 2015, 09:33 PM) *

gasman

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...+le++creamsicle

Thank you,

The first post has been updated. We still need a 4th.
Andyrew
Bump, see first post, we have three seconded nominies but no 4th.
Andyrew
Bump, see first post, we have three seconded nominies but no 4th.
sb914
I would like to nominate 221kw914 beautiful car .Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 19 2015, 09:35 AM) *

NOMINATIONS as of 9/22/15 6:57AM

914Next's 73 2.0 (No Second)
Boxsterfan's blue car (No Second)

Campbellcj's racecar (Seconded) *
BIGKAT_83's conversion (Seconded) *
gasman's LE (Seconded)*

No other official nominations at this time.

QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 19 2015, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 19 2015, 01:13 PM) *

I second it! beerchug.gif

Andyrew
Nominations closed.

Thanks all!
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 22 2015, 10:13 AM) *

I would like to nominate 221kw914 beautiful car .Click to view attachment

I will second this beautiful car. Some call it "The Hulk", I prefer "The Green Manalishi". biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Nominations already closed..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.