Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for plastic headlight switch insert?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
Anyone sell the round plastic inserts for the headlight switches? The switch works fine but the little round insert with the diagram for lights is broken... have an extra lighter insert but it obviously looks a little stupid in there!
TheCabinetmaker
I think I have a few. Not new, but better than your cracked one.
bandjoey
Classifieds. biggrin.gif
914Sixer
It is a VW insert. Most Bug places have replacements.
SKL1
Figured it was a VW part, but even sure what to call it!
TheCabinetmaker
It is a vw part. Go here, and scroll down to item O.
http://bughaus.com/Karmann_Ghia_Dash_Knobs.htm
db9146
What about for the fog light switch? The green insert? Since Beetles never came with fog lights, these are harder to find and the rear fog light is the yellow one.
maf914
QUOTE(db9146 @ May 2 2018, 12:36 PM) *

What about for the fog light switch? The green insert? Since Beetles never came with fog lights, these are harder to find and the rear fog light is the yellow one.

The 914 Restorer's Guide (Johnson) on page 62 indicates the fog light switch insert was green through 1972 and then gold. I don't know if gold actually means yellow, as I have a switch and a yellow insert for what I thought was for fog lights. My 76 car did not originally have fog lights and I sourced the switch and insert for a future installation. rolleyes.gif

I don't know if that is correct, but that is what the book says. idea.gif
theer
Well, now, that is interesting. I always thought the green was for "driving" lights (available in Europe), and gold/yellow was for "fog" lights.

Having based this well-formed opinion on no actual research, I'm probably FOS. wacko.gif stromberg.gif
rgolia
That is correct, green through 72 and then gold/yellow. I have a 74 and it is yellow.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have plenty of the factory headlight knob inserts, and the hazard inserts, but not the driving light or rear window defrost Mark Whitesell should make the other inserts
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.