Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real 914-6 9140431716 $16,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Sedonut
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1829067

If it were closer, I might just jump.
mepstein
I was looking at that today. If it didn't have a 914 vin it would be a $200 shell.
Sedonut
It cost the same to restore as a 914, except for the engine rebuild, and then sells for 3 times as much. Is 3 times a much fun, I don't think so.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 19 2015, 06:16 PM) *

I was looking at that today. If it didn't have a 914 vin it would be a $200 shell.

Mark,

Could you give us a brief rundown on the overal tub condition?

Thanks,

Greg
mepstein
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Sep 20 2015, 01:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 19 2015, 06:16 PM) *

Mark,

Could you give us a brief rundown on the overal tub condition?

Thanks,

Greg

I meant I saw the ad. Never saw it in person.
stevegm
This looks like it is at DC Automotive. It might be the one that was clipped - 4 cylinder rear and center, 6 front clip. Maybe it's the same car.
cal914
i enquired about the car a couple of weeks ago had a guy from 914 world set to go and see it for me but the guy said that the car wasn't with him or his but a friend's car ,when i asked for his friends details and an address so i could get someone to check for me he told that it had been sold
mepstein
QUOTE(stevegm @ Sep 20 2015, 01:56 PM) *

This looks like it is at DC Automotive. It might be the one that was clipped - 4 cylinder rear and center, 6 front clip. Maybe it's the same car.

It looks like the dc auto building. I can always ask the owner about the car if someone's really interested.
cal914
I'd like you to ring him for me and possibly view it
mepstein
QUOTE(cal914 @ Sep 20 2015, 03:02 PM) *

I'd like you to ring him for me and possibly view it

I can ring him but I am about 9 hours from his shop.
cal914
Sorry didn't realise, but if you could ring him and get some more info on it and its location that would be much appreciated
Brian
gereed75
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2015, 02:01 PM) *

It's definitely the dc auto building. I can always ask the owner about the car if someone's really interested.

Mark Can you confirm what engine numbers he has?? Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Sep 20 2015, 03:47 PM) *

It's definitely the dc auto building. I can always ask the owner about the car if someone's really interested.

The ad states it's just a shell, no engine.
pete000
Seen a lot worse !
gereed75
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2015, 05:09 PM) *

Says "has 914-6 motor but not matching". I have tried to establish dialogue with DC in the past but it is always sketchy. Thought it sounded like you had ongoing communication
mepstein
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Sep 20 2015, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 20 2015, 05:09 PM) *

Says "has 914-6 motor but not matching". I have tried to establish dialogue with DC in the past but it is always sketchy. Thought it sounded like you had ongoing communication

I read it as someone who might own a 914-6 engine but not the car. If it is the engine and shell, I will own it tomorrow but I doubt that's the case. Maybe not english as a first language. Yes, I know the owner of dc auto and will call tomorrow.
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
JoeDees
I read it as an original 6 car with a non-number matching 6 engine.
mepstein
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ Sep 20 2015, 10:11 PM) *

I read it as an original 6 car with a non-number matching 6 engine.

I don't see an engine in the engine bay.
porschetub
QUOTE(Sedonut @ Sep 20 2015, 12:23 PM) *

Interesting.....engine running 4-6k+ ,not running less, stripped out body so most valuable -6 parts gone,lets say 10k for the body cause the motor is non-matching and unknown,is that a lot of money for a rusty body with the RIGHT vin number ?
I don't think so these days but DC don't give stuff away so,whats it really like????
scotty b
1970 914-6 real not clone project Price: 16500
Trying to sell this car for the owner has 914-6 engine but not matching car needs complet restoration best cash offer takes it 571-480-3706

Pics are almost definitely DC Auto, but the ad states the car is in Alexandria Va.

Either way, there has been a LOT of work done around that VIN area. Look at the multiple layers on the fender lip, the obvious spot weld in that spot, the bulkhead has no doubt been cut and rewelded. The pic of the Al. tag on the headlight bucket is the ONLY green paint in any of the pics on an obviously original silver body ?????? Possible accident damage, possible VIN swap confused24.gif Tread lightly
mepstein
I didn't speak to seller but confirmed the car was clipped from the guy who sold the front clip.
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 22 2015, 03:32 AM) *

I didn't speak to seller but confirmed the car was clipped from the guy who sold the front clip.

The plot thickens biggrin.gif ,wonder why theres no pics of the rear confused24.gif .
sean_v8_914
is that daylight under teh headlight bucket?
roblav1
No way I'd touch this one.
bretth
So is the front 25% the only -6 portion of the car? Amazing amount of info being left out of the cars description for what it is. From previous versions of this cars ad the seller was basically stating his annoyance with people who ask questions about the car.
scotty b
QUOTE(bretth @ Sep 23 2015, 04:46 AM) *

So is the front 25% the only -6 portion of the car? Amazing amount of info being left out of the cars description for what it is. From previous versions of this cars ad the seller was basically stating his annoyance with people who ask questions about the car.

par for the course with D.C......
Unobtanium-inc
I got a call about this car and a couple more, the pics looked like DC. I told the guy I know Rob and only deal with him. He said he was acting as a "broker". I asked why I need a "broker" for buying a car from someone I know? Last I heard from him.

I called Rob at DC and we had a laugh about it. The guy was flipping them from DC. That's why when someone asks me for pics of a car, I make sure it has magnets all over it.
WFG
this car is at dc automotive it has been clipped no motor or trans
price is 8000. I talked to Robert
William
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.