Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need fuse/ relay board wiring diagram for 76 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LCOX
Anyone know where I can find a fuse/relay board diagram for a 76 914. Need the relay board diagram for the one in the interior not the one in the engine compartment.
-More specifically I'm having problems with the power relay socket that sends power to the horn, fresh air fan and wipers none of which works. Need to know where the 4 wires from this relay socket go.
-the 4 wires coming from this relay socket are red/black stripe, red/white stripe, red and tan are the colors of the wires that I need more routing info on.
-Any help appreciated. Thanks L

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(LCOX @ Sep 19 2015, 06:54 PM) *

Anyone know where I can find a fuse/relay board diagram for a 76 914. Need the relay board diagram for the one in the interior not the one in the engine compartment.
-More specifically I'm having problems with the power relay socket that sends power to the horn, fresh air fan and wipers none of which works. Need to know where the 4 wires from this relay socket go.
-the 4 wires coming from this relay socket are red/black stripe, red/white stripe, red and tan are the colors of the wires that I need more routing info on.
-Any help appreciated. Thanks L

Use the factory wiring schematic.
Tom
LCOX,
Had the same issue on my 76 some years ago. Wires were OK. Issue was relay prongs contacting the socket were not good. Fix was to wire brush/lightly sand, then wash with isopropyl alcohol or contact cleaner and dry the contacts as best as you can. A 22 cal. bore brush works on the socket OK. Before inserting the relay, turn it upside down and spread the male prongs slightly. It allows a tighter fit in the socket. I knew I had an issue because my radio was powered off of that circuit and when I would hit a small bump, the radio would go off, that is until the next bump, when it would suddenly come back on.
Tom
cary
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 20 2015, 08:29 AM) *

Use the factory wiring schematic.

Did just that. Confirmed that the incoming wires to the 75 relay board are the same as the 73. There are no call outs for the L Jet chassis harnesses being different than the D Jet. Relay boards are the same for all years, all inductions.

Beings that @dennisphelan had already had a smoke event. No need to make any assumptions. Due Diligence. I hate shop fires .............

Will confirm no damage to T-12, 7 & 9.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=335555&hl=

Won't be long before the engine will be going back in. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.