Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It lives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
My 3.2 engine was bought from a wrecked !911 in Pennsylvania. Bought it more than five years ago, it came on a pallet and I started looking for a roller. Heard it sing today. I have it installed in a 72 roller. Sounded really great!

I had a bit of trouble with the top dead center and rpm sensors, but after that it came to life! Very, very sweet. Now to fix a fuel system leak in my silver soldered stainless fuel line. I have been living on faith all this time, which is kind of amazing.
Maltese Falcon
Take some pics of that bad boy '72 and share them here...sound byte of that symphony too (if poss.) biggrin.gif
Marty
cary
You'll love the 3.2 and the Motronic.
Check the soft sections on the rear fuel rail. Cars are starting to have age issues.
Also the wires on flywheel sensors. Those too are having age issues.

All I do on my RS clone is plug in the battery tender and pour in gas.
r_towle
No video it's not real.
worn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 19 2015, 08:25 PM) *

No video it's not real.

Yeah. Thanks. With a small fuel leak which is in the stainless fuel line fitting, we didn't run it long. I now have an excuse to do what I wanted to do all along - start it again.

I bought replacement soft lines and a new pair of sensors, along with a spare dme relay.

The motor coughed a bit after a long rest, and then settled down real nice. The triple gauge read 4 bar oil pressure, so I may have a gauge sensor mismatch.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

With all of the welding, fabrication of parts, triple gauge and intermitent wiper washer, new brake reservoir float switch, and bringing the suspension and brakes to all 911, it has been a real long wait.
EdwardBlume
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 20 2015, 04:08 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Somebody had to do it...
76-914
Congrats. I know you've been after it for a while. first.gif
Congrats and enjoy with a big smile on your face
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.