Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Cleaner/Conditioner Recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kupcar
What's the best product to bring my dash back to looking new? Any suggestions are appreciated. It time to detail this thing!
9fourteen14
QUOTE(kupcar @ Sep 20 2015, 12:35 AM) *

What's the best product to bring my dash back to looking new? Any suggestions are appreciated. It time to detail this thing!

I am surprised there has not been a large discussion here.

I have only had my teener since 7/4/15 and have done and learned so much.
my dash is cracking so I am very curious what others have done. I did use the 3M product to soften it up.

i have perused a few processes on the internet of how people fic the cracks in the dash.

the most feasible is with auto caulk the same color of auto or black if lucky.
just google repair dashboard crack.

have u seen this one:http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1865940-DIY-Cracked-Dashboard-Repair-Pic-Heavy

i will take before and after pictures and post everything here....

any other ideas or tips for repairing cracks in dash?

KTF
boxsterfan
I think there are some threads on this board related to what concourse folks do to keep their dashes looking perfect. I'd follow what they do. I don't think Armor-All is recommended in those circles.
mepstein
Once it's cracked, it will keep cracking. If you want it to look nice, either buy a plastic dash topper or a new dash pad from 914rubber.com
michael7810
PMB is selling new dashes now. Eric had one at Rennsport that looked real nice.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 18 2015, 11:38 PM) *

I think there are some threads on this board related to what concourse folks do to keep their dashes looking perfect. I'd follow what they do. I don't think Armor-All is recommended in those circles.

Many years ago I was told to use Murphys Oil Soap on the vinyl dash and other parts. I use it on the leather seats also.

works for me. my DD vehicle always sit outside and no dash cracking issues.
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 19 2015, 04:19 AM) *

Once it's cracked, it will keep cracking. If you want it to look nice, either buy a plastic dash topper or a new dash pad from 914rubber.com

agree.gif
Dion
I've kept my interior going with these products.
You must use a protectant after the Meguiar's HD cleaner.
Vinylex and Griots dressing are neck and neck in performance. IMHO.
But obviously if it's cracked it will continue. Dash cap or Repro.
Cheers, Dion
PanelBilly
Here's my thoughts. Clean the vinyl with a sponge designed to do it, not something you'd use in the kitchen. Here's mine.

Click to view attachment

and this is the cleaner I use

Click to view attachment

The sponge to apply the coating with should be closed cell. It doesn't soak up the fluid, so more of it goes on the surface

Click to view attachment

And here's a top coat that will help block the UV and keep it from discoloring and cracking

Click to view attachment

SO with a little effort your vinyl and rubber have a nice semi gloss, not at all like a silicone finish

Click to view attachment

9fourteen14
this is awesome..

I appreciate everyone sharing how they have kept their interior and exterior
looking excellent..

i am planning on doing the interior soon. look for my questions/answers

thanx again to everyone. for at least looking at my inquires

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.