Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What color accent would look best on Elvira?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
I was one of the lucky 10 that will be getting one of the Limited Edition Windshield Banners
that Seanery offered to help boost the Free Brad Bail Fund Drive.

user posted image

I can't decide what color I should get. confused24.gif
My car is all black with only chrome accents.

I think the only fair way is to let the club members decide.
Your vote counts. Feel free to post the reasons for your choice to sway the judges.
VegasRacer
Elvira
gregrobbins
Elvira: Man it would be a sin not to cloth her in anything but black, and not too much of that. ohmy.gif
VegasRacer
Black would be super stealthy. All of the windows have limo tint plus there is already a blacked out visor strip across the top of the windshield. A black banner would only add texture.
Joe Bob
Silver....

BTW...I hope an approved vendor is doing that banner.... dry.gif
VegasRacer
OK. To once again demonstrate some of my bad photoshop skills, here is a visual. Do you really think monochromatic is the way to go or is it time to jump on the chance to add some color? idea.gif
seanery
gray or dark red....ask Larry about the gray...I let him pick it out.
d914
chrome
Joe Bob
Well if ya want it to stand out....pink....
Aaron Cox
chrome
TheCabinetmaker
Yellow or red.
Joe Bob
Chrome vinyl ain't cheap....
seanery
...and it won't last long at all in Las Vegas...
skline
I ordered black for mine so I could put it on any of the cars I choose. Still have not decided which to put it on. Most likely the white car once it is painted but then again, I may put it on the truck. Who knows.

Yellow would stand out nicely on your all black car however. I vote YELLOW!!!!!!!!!
Joe Bob
In the LV sun....best to stand up is gonna be white....unless you plan on doing a replacement on a regular basis..or cover the car with a car cover..not a bad idea....

BTW...is the front plate for real?
redshift
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 5 2005, 08:34 PM)
chrome

Oh Jeees... Pimp Daddy..

It won't matter, he's spray painted his windows black!

rolleyes.gif

M
VegasRacer
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 5 2005, 07:16 PM)
BTW...is the front plate for real?

YUP. The mate in on the back with a valid registration decal.
It's nice to have friends working at the DMV Special Plate Section.
rick 918-S
I voted for White but really wanted Black. I like the stelth thing. Red would look cool but yellow would be really wild!

Oh I'm not much help at all.
iamchappy
silver
VegasRacer
QUOTE (seanery @ Mar 5 2005, 04:06 PM)
gray or dark red....

I agree with the artist / creator - Dark Red or Gray.

I really don't think the black would be noticed and I do want people to be able to see it.
I want classy not flashy. Each of the choices now has at least one vote.

Sean - do you have a color sample of the Cranberry and Gray you could post?
How dark / light are they?
rick 918-S
Just looked again. Dang that's a nice car! Nice panel alignment nice headlight cover alignment.
seanery
pretty close
VegasRacer
You're no help Sean. flipa.gif
I had hoped that one of those colors would suck and I could eliminate it.
Those are both very nice and exactly what I visioned.
The stealthy black sounds good too.

Maybe it would be easier if I got 2 more teeners. wacko.gif
Then I could put a different color banner on each car.
seanery
pick a culur yet?
Rand
That car looks so nice just like it is, anything flashy will cheapen it. I would be hesitant to add graphics at all. From the options given, I vote gray or dark red. However, I think a darker gray would be even better. Too bad charcoal isn't an option.
Rand
Hmm... since you already have a dark visor strip at the top... I assume the new banner goes on the inside, which means the color will be muted/darkened? I think that would work to your advantage.
Toast
I voted Blue because its my favorite color on a car. But also because I think that a Dark Blue (like a Royal Blue) would still give the Stelth look, yet give it a little wow without too much zing.

Does Elvira have Blue or Dark eyes?

I dont have a clue how you drive a black car in Vegas durring the summer. pinch.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (seanery @ Mar 9 2005, 08:22 AM)
pick a culur yet?

I have it narrowed down to either black or gray. I did a better mock-up (see attachment). This is the only head on shot I have. It was taken on an overcast day. I want to do another test shot tomorrow when the sun is out to compare.

Randy - This strip that is on the car now is 99% blackout. It is on the inside. The new banner will be on the outside. I agree "anything flashy will cheapen it". I want the one that blends in the most. I thought it would be the black. In these photos the grey seems better.

I dont have a clue how you drive a black car in Vegas durring the summer.

Toast - Elvira has blue eyes. If you want to see in person how I drive a black car in Vegas, I'll be happy to show you anytime you care to visit.

I will post a new set of pictures for final selection tomorrow.
Meredith
Rats. I voted for dark red. But I guess I can't get upset when it's not my car. smile.gif

-Mer
Korijo
just voted for grey. ooooh, a tie biggrin.gif

grey was my first thought [for myself], but changed to sunkist [car is gonna be gulf colors]
ChrisReale
Hi Dave smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
Yeah Dave, where the hell have you beeeen?

smile.gif

HAY!

M
VegasRacer
This is it. I am done painting pixels.
Here is Elvira in more typical Vegas sunshine.
VegasRacer
Call the early voting a dead heat. flag.gif
Black of grey - the final selection.

If you want your voice to be heard - speak now or forever hold your peace.
VegasRacer
My vote is for this color.
redshift
mad.gif

Stop showing off.... supermodel.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.