Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with wheel decision
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi all,
I have a very nice and stock 1974. I want to switch to 5 lug fuchs wheels. What is the largest size wheel I can fit without installing flares ( don't mind rolling the inner lip on the fenders to fit the wheels), and if I decide to install flares what is the largest wheel I can fit under the flares???

Thanks for thee help,
Bill.
Bruce Hinds
There's a lot written about this on this forum. 6" no problem, 7" work too depending on tire sizes if you don't go too wide. Early 911 wheels work fine up through the SC. Once you get into the 16" SC wheels fitment becomes a little more of a challenge.

Once you go to flares the combo are endless . . . a lot depends on wheel offset, types of tires and the size of the flares.
daytona
Thanks Bruce.
If I understand your post correctly, 15 x 6 will fit without modifying the fenders. The 15 x 7s will work depending on the tire size.
The 16 x ? may fit depending on the offset?
If I decide to go with flares (GT style) then that will accommodate just about any combo. Correct?

Thanks.
Bill.
Bruce Hinds
That's about the way it goes Bill.

Search out the discussions on some of the other threads here, there has been a lot discussed regarding tire and wheel size combinations. Some of those discussions as I recall have some pictures too.

I'm not too good with the search function here, perhaps someone else can chime in with a link or two.
daytona
Thanks for the help. I am not to good with the search function either but I'll give it another try.
Thanks.
Bill.
theleschyouknow
search tip:
when I have trouble with the site search function I go to google
enter 914world xxx into google search bar
often this turns up good results
beerchug.gif
cjl
Dave_Darling
Note that the 914 varies from side to side and from car to car. Not a lot, usually, but some. The real interference usually is in one rear fender or the other; the fronts are generally fine.

--DD
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 20 2015, 04:56 PM) *

Note that the 914 varies from side to side and from car to car. Not a lot, usually, but some. The real interference usually is in one rear fender or the other; the fronts are generally fine.

--DD

agree.gif
r_towle
This is the same thread I read, over and over and over again....
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 20 2015, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 20 2015, 04:56 PM) *

--DD

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 20 2015, 06:36 PM) *

This is the same thread I read, over and over and over again....

In the dictionary under redundant, it says... see redundant. lol-2.gif

The search feature explains itself under the topic bar... learn it and it can be a great tool. Otherwise, post away, it really doesn't matter.

mskala
The proper way to do the Google search:

wheel site:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php

Substitute any search term(s) for 'wheel'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.