Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2016 Porsche 914 Calendar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevegm
UPDATE: We also need to start collecting dates for events to include in the calendar. If you are organizing a 914-related event in 2016, please post it here so we can make sure and include the dates in the calendar.

Also, start to get the photos of your 914 together. It looks like we will go with a random theme again this year. So we will be looking for early, late, 6s, LEs, race cars, and before/after photos. You can resubmit photos you submitted last year, as long as the photo didn't end up winning and was featured in the 12 months or cover shot for the 2015 calendar. We don't want to repeat any photos in 2016. Resolution requirements - photos must be able to be used at a size of 8.5" by 11" with close to 300 DPI. You must have the rights to the photo, and have permission from anyone whose face can be seen in the photo. You can submit photos by posting here, or by emailing them to - stevegm@mac.com

We will accept photos until November 1st. Then we will put the photos up for a vote on 914world to choose the 12 featured 914s, and the cover photo.

______

We are starting to put the 914 calendar together for 2016 (Like to 2015 calendar - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=245199&hl=. It will be the same format with a car featured on each month.

We wanted to get your feedback on the theme for the cars. Here are a few options:

1. No theme - Random 914s like last year.
2. Scenic photo of 914.
3. Before/After photos - each month would feature a small before picture and a main after picture.
4. Original 914 owners - must have purchased the car new and still own it.
5. Cars on jackstands.

What do you think? Other ideas?

The final 12 cars (plus the cover car) will be chosen by vote on 914world like last year.
JoeDees
How about cars on jackstands?
ben*james
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ Sep 20 2015, 01:16 PM) *

How about cars on jackstands?

av-943.gif
theleschyouknow
loved last years calendar!
random is good maybe include a couple b4&afters, og owners & jack stand shots I like all those ideas too
beerchug.gif
cjl
PanelBilly
Naked girls with the cars?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 20 2015, 04:44 PM) *

agree.gif drooley.gif w00t.gif pray.gif thumb3d.gif random, like last year but w/ the naked girls smile.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Sep 20 2015, 04:25 PM) *

random is good maybe include a couple b4&afters, og owners & jack stand shots I like all those ideas too
beerchug.gif
cjl

I like that idea - Random again, but, instead of having just early, late, and race car categories, add a category for before/after. The more I think about it, I tend to agree with the posts here that a "jackstands" calendar would be hard to make look really good. But, I do like the before/after idea. Very motivational.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Sep 20 2015, 03:25 PM) *

beerchug.gif
cjl

agree.gif
BeemerSteve
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 20 2015, 01:44 PM) *

Hey, I'm a new guy.....where's the naked girls?
Geezer914
NO JACK STANDS!!! I want a nice calendar to hang on my wall. Last years calendar was a work of art. I don't want a calendar that looks like a junk yard. No offence to those who have cars on jack stands. but you would not load your unfinished 914 on a trailed and put it in a car show! Hanging a calendar with pictures of finished, restored cars is an incentive for you to get to work and get yours off those jack stands and on the road where it belongs. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Bruce Hinds
I love the idea of original owners, but are there really 12 that have owned them since new? What would be cool is original owners with then and now shots with their cars.

I like the before and afters too . ..

But then again naked girls would rate high . . .

JoeDees
I was completely joking about jackstands, but maybe we could make a separate jackstand and rotisserie joke calendar... you could definitely save money on print quality...hahaha
stevegm
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Sep 20 2015, 06:53 PM) *

I love the idea of original owners, but are there really 12 that have owned them since new? What would be cool is original owners with then and now shots with their cars.

I like the before and afters too . ..

But then again naked girls would rate high . . .

Yes. But, all-original owners cars may limit us pretty far in the number of photos submitted. One of the reasons the calendar came out pretty good last year was the volume of great pictures submitted. To get that type of volume, I have a feeling we may need a random theme. I like the idea of adding unique themes, though. Like scenic pictures with 914s, before/after, etc. So, Maybe we will just have a some themes of photos submitted for voting, and include them all in the voting for the final 13 photos used.
turk22
I'd like to suggest no black boxes for any days (you can't write you dr appt's if they fall in a black box laugh.gif )

I'd also love to see the preceding and following month somewhere on the main month page, ifn' you know what I mean...
bandjoey
MIIARP

Maybe It Is A Real Porsche

andy914.jpg
wes
I vote no jack stands, I've seen mine on jack stands entirely too long!
Now on the other hand it seems the older I get the moor I appreciate a good-looking girl!
stevegm
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 20 2015, 08:40 PM) *

I'd like to suggest no black boxes for any days (you can't write you dr appt's if they fall in a black box laugh.gif )

I'd also love to see the preceding and following month somewhere on the main month page, ifn' you know what I mean...

Thanks. That's a good point. We did do one or two of the events in black, didn't we. We can change that in the next one. And I can work on the two extra small calendars too. But, it either takes up some main 914 picture space or sponsor space. Let me think about the best way to handle that. Thanks again for the suggestions.
Michael N
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 20 2015, 04:40 PM) *

agree.gif On my wall at work and often I need the previous months dates for reporting.
falcor75
Halfnaked girls clinging on the cars would definatly make me NOT buy one. I think our cars are interesting enough on their own...

Last years calendar is great and is hanging on my office wall and always brings a positive comment from customers.
stevegm
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Sep 21 2015, 02:59 AM) *

Halfnaked girls clinging on the cars would definatly make me NOT buy one. I think our cars are interesting enough on their own...

Last years calendar is great and is hanging on my office wall and always brings a positive comment from customers.

I agree. The 914s are interesting enough. Let's make this about the cars.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(stevegm @ Sep 21 2015, 04:11 AM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Sep 21 2015, 02:59 AM) *

I agree. The 914s are interesting enough. Let's make this about the cars.

Girls aren't into 914s. Old dudes are. We can have a calendar of old dudes peering into the engine bays.
mbseto
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 21 2015, 08:06 AM) *

Girls aren't into 914s. Old dudes are. We can have a calendar of old dudes peering into the engine bays.

OK, I read that as peeing into engine bays and thought, it would be a whole lot easier to explain the naked girls.

On a serious note, I would buy 2 different calendars if there were 2 different themes.

Also, the jack stands idea could work if it highlighted the process of the restoration rather than just an old car on the stands. Love seeing nice welds, clever and well-made tools, etc. I guess these photos would be harder to get, being in peoples' garages rather than gathered at a meet. Just thinking out loud.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(mbseto @ Sep 21 2015, 06:55 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 21 2015, 08:06 AM) *

OK, I read that as peeing into engine bays

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
Evil Older Brother
How about naked girls on jackstands! That would be one for the garage for sure.
Andyrew
Steve,
Got any more calendars left? for some reason I never picked one up... I'd like to have it for my file..
eric9144
I really enjoy my calendar (Feb was a great month shades.gif )

I think the format from last year was great and with the voting, we kind of got a mix of everything from original to race and some group drive shots beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Evil Older Brother @ Sep 21 2015, 08:22 AM) *

Funny, I thought of that too, but also figured it was too sick to add
Evil Older Brother
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 21 2015, 02:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Evil Older Brother @ Sep 21 2015, 08:22 AM) *

Funny, I thought of that too, but also figured it was too sick to add

Glad we are both a little "sick"!

Based upon all the reading here and in the sandbox, this was a natural.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.