Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need momo adapter for my '71 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
So I buy the '68 912 from Craig and it has a "tuner" momo steering wheel on it. So I call Brad mauyer up and get a '68 912 steering wheel for it. Then I get this bright idea to put the momo on the 914. It works o.k. but the adapter doesn't fit far enoughdown the steering column to operate the turnsignal properly. I look up the bird site and it says that I can't get a momo steering wheel adapter for a '71 914. What I would like to get is a steering wheel adapter so I could "turn off" the turn signals when I turn and get the steering wheel a little closer to my body then the stock one. Can you guys help?
Buck
mattillac
i have a '75 with a momo hub adapter that i bought from www.nopionline.com. i had to remove the horn/turn signal ring from the stock wheel and put it on the momo adapter.
the only problem i ran into was i had to remove some of the plastic from the turn signal/horn ring in order to fit properly on the momo hub.

whats the difference between the years as far as the steering column goes. aren't they all basically the same?

markb
70-71's are slightly different. buck toenges, are you using the plastic or the metal signal canceller? I think the metal ones are slightly longer.
mattillac
my '75 has a plastic canceller
markb
The 70-71 columns are different in a few ways. Some of them are: Different mounting to the dash, the wiper switch is on the dash, so no stalk on the column, the ignition switch is hard wired in, no plug as in the later cars. There are more, but they don't come immediately to my feeble mind. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.