Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tree Canopied Roads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Show us your pic's. I love the "Green Tunnels" and would love to see some more pic/videos of the same, e.g. those in the recent Okteenerfest thread. TIA, beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
There's one through Rainbow that we used to drive through back in the Dawn Patrol days.. I have a picture somewhere..
mgp4591
Not many of em out here in Utah, but back in western Maryland where I grew up there's quite a few. I really miss that- almost more green than one man can stand. Love 'em!! But now if you want to talk about canyons... w00t.gif
Mark Henry
My favorite is my driveway smile.gif
mepstein
random pic, about a mile from my house.
76-914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 21 2015, 10:08 AM) *

There's one through Rainbow that we used to drive through back in the Dawn Patrol days.. I have a picture somewhere..

I was thinking of that spot when I viewed those Okteenerfest pic's. Before you leave, we need to do that run once more. What do you want to bet that neither one of us can drive our 6's thru that snake as quickly as we drove our 4's thru it. dry.gif

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 21 2015, 10:22 AM) *

poke.gif Then post it. Who cares if the road is very short with a house on one end. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 21 2015, 10:47 AM) *

No RTFM for my man Eppy. Thx for the pic. What time of year was that taken? Doesn't Oregon and Washington have a shit load of those roads? Never been up there so I only know from what I see on the screen. confused24.gif
Unobtanium-inc
It's nice in the Hudson Valley when the roads have long winding curves.
mepstein
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 21 2015, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 21 2015, 10:08 AM) *

I was thinking of that spot when I viewed those Okteenerfest pic's. Before you leave, we need to do that run once more. What do you want to bet that neither one of us can drive our 6's thru that snake as quickly as we drove our 4's thru it. dry.gif

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 21 2015, 10:22 AM) *

poke.gif Then post it. Who cares if the road is very short with a house on one end. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 21 2015, 10:47 AM) *

No RTFM for my man Eppy. Thx for the pic. What time of year was that taken? Doesn't Oregon and Washington have a shit load of those roads? Never been up there so I only know from what I see on the screen. confused24.gif

I'm in SE Pennsylvania

My driveway isn't much different but without a working ebrake I can't park on the hill.
mbseto
Hard to pick around here... All of Daniel Boone National Forest, on south into the Smoky mountains, east into Pisgah National Park, north from there through the Virginia mountains, New River Gorge, Blackwater, Seneca Rocks in Pendleton county and the sods and Roaring Plains... or further south onto the Piedmont and east out to the coastal lowlands until you're on the barrier islands...
76-914
QUOTE(mbseto @ Sep 22 2015, 06:18 AM) *

Hard to pick around here... All of Daniel Boone National Forest, on south into the Smoky mountains, east into Pisgah National Park, north from there through the Virginia mountains, New River Gorge, Blackwater, Seneca Rocks in Pendleton county and the sods and Roaring Plains... or further south onto the Piedmont and east out to the coastal lowlands until you're on the barrier islands...

OT but BION, Daniel was my 9th Great Grandfather on my Mom's side of the family.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.