Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm offically hooked
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
So I was buying an 82 SC from a guy, and in the garage was a 914. He asked if I wanted it and I said no. He really wanted the garage space to park his wife's new Lexus in so he lowered his price until I couldn't say no. I picked it up on the way to Ski Roundtop last weekend and put a for sale sign on it. Luckily it didn't sell. I got it off the trailer today, threw the dealer plates on it and went driving and man it was fun! So I decided to keep it, so now I have two 914's, these things are addictive!
The car was making friends with the other Porsches in the yard today, fitting right in.
Couple of cool things, the PA inspection expired on 9/14 and it looks like it was originally a very cool green.
EdwardBlume
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
xperu
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 21 2015, 04:32 PM) *

So I was buying an 82 SC from a guy, and in the garage was a 914. He asked if I wanted it and I said no. He really wanted the garage space to park his wife's new Lexus in so he lowered his price until I couldn't say no. I picked it up on the way to Ski Roundtop last weekend and put a for sale sign on it. Luckily it didn't sell. I got it off the trailer today, threw the dealer plates on it and went driving and man it was fun! So I decided to keep it, so now I have two 914's, these things are addictive!
The car was making friends with the other Porsches in the yard today, fitting right in.
Couple of cool things, the PA inspection expired on 9/14 and it looks like it was originally a very cool green.

Nice looking 914, it may not be the original color but black looks good on these cars. Congrat's. Mike
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
JeffBowlsby
Paint code L63K? That's the very nice, and rare Willow Green. Shame a PO went to black on it.
Chris H.
The original color was likely Willow Green. Fantastic color and somewhat hard to find. Good pick. You'll love it.

Daaaaahhh..quick draw Bowlsby beat me to it.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 21 2015, 01:45 PM) *

Paint code L63K? That's the very nice, and rare Willow Green. Shame a PO went to black on it.

It was some dude's track car, the black is bad and the rattle can on top of it is worse, but it drives very well, shifts nice, and stops. The clutch is a little funny, but it may just be me getting used to 914's. Overall the car was a lot of fun. I have told many a guy who has a 356 that he will never finish to sell it and buy a 912 or a 914 that is running and driving for the same money, now I'm going to tell them to drive the 914, it's way funner than a 912.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 21 2015, 02:45 PM) *

Of course its a rare color! Here we go again....

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Tom_T
welcome.png ... & the fun! driving.gif

I agree, my 912 buddy back in the 70's chided me on my 73 2L decision ..... until we ran a few roads & then traded drives! driving.gif driving.gif ... he didn't want to trade back! laugh.gif

I like the look of the Minilites on 914s for a non-stock choice, IMHO they & Rivs were the best looking aftermarket wheels of the day.

Hey, maybe it was an even rarer early Grasshopper prototype from `71 !!??
.... Jeff would know! Naught! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Krieger
Someone here said that 914s are like crack! Congrats!
RAX914
Was that the first time you've driven a 914?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(RAX 914 @ Sep 21 2015, 06:38 PM) *

Was that the first time you've driven a 914?

Other than the race car, yes. I've driven late model 911's, lots of 356's, 912's, but never a 914. My six was always a project. I actually went to buy one when I was about 17, the guy wouldn't let me drive it, he drove it, and I didn't like the idea of buying a car I couldn't drive, so I walked.
scotty b
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 21 2015, 03:00 PM) *

I like the look of the Minilites on 914s for a non-stock choice, IMHO they & Rivs were the best looking aftermarket wheels of the day.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

How do you feel about Empi's ? unsure.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 21 2015, 11:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 21 2015, 03:00 PM) *

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

How do you feel about Empi's ? unsure.gif

Tom -
Chris Pincetich
Once you go black..... biggrin.gif
The best 914 project is one that is driveable. I am always surprised how many sit on jack stands forever. Drop in a used 1.7 and hit the road, I say!

I know you've been on this forum for a bit, but this is the first thread I honestly feel like saying... welcome.png

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.