Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car 100% fixed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I found my other problem. Since i used to be afraid of killing my engine by removing the distributor, I didnt take a close look at anything else....but otday i took my dizzy off and noticed my conde\nsor has MADE IN WEST GERMANY stamped into it....DOH! I replaced it (thanks NAPA) and runs like a top now.....YEA driving.gif
kafermeister
Congrats Britt. That's good news.
spare time toys
Great job !!! Celabrate by sending a couple of extra bucks to the Brad fund wink.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Uh, what am I missing here? Why is a condensor made in west germany a bad thing? A NAPA condensor is better? confused24.gif

Sorry Britt, but most of your post just don't make sense to me. I must be getting too old!!!!! sad.gif
Qarl
He must be excited... look at that smile!

user posted image
scotty b
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Mar 5 2005, 05:19 PM)
Uh, what am I missing here? Why is a condensor made in west germany a bad thing? A NAPA condensor is better? confused24.gif

Sorry Britt, but most of your post just don't make sense to me. I must be getting too old!!!!! sad.gif

agree.gif But I am assuming that he thinks it is the original condenser,and being 30+ years old it was shot. Bad assumption on it being original but congrats on the lucky fix. I hope your learning not to jump into the puddle with both feet and a hand on the electrical wire!
redshift
This would have been great for your blog, so it didn't take up any room on the front page.

laugh.gif

JOKING! smilie_pokal.gif

Now we won't have to hear you whine!

ohmy.gif Why is everyone looking at me?

m
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 5 2005, 08:21 PM)
This would have been great for your blog, so it didn't take up any room on the front page.

laugh.gif

JOKING! smilie_pokal.gif

Now we won't have to hear you whine!

ohmy.gif Why is everyone looking at me?

m

laugh.gif laugh.gif

that was cold man! he is learning!
redshift
I know! Me too!

laugh.gif Just happy to be home, Bbob.

M
SGB
100%
heh.....

I get it Britt.

Well, you gotta figure its pretty old. What was it, '89?

cool_shades.gif
scotty b
Welcome baack.... your teener fix isn't whack. Welcome baack...... Miles is going to go off track Welcome back Cotter

Sorry I got 3 hours sleep last night and I'm kinda wacko.gif Milesish shall we say?
bd1308
okay....i feel some people didn't approve of my fix....well i fixed it (condensor was pitted--found out later, and wires had creases/broke) and that's that. Went to a Louisville Streets meet tonight....everybody oogled over the car. Qarl, where did you get my high school picture?
redshift
I was just awaken as usual, by assholes, with asshole dogs..

I can't get more than 4 hours, the roomys are asses... I gotta get out of here, they suck.

M
bd1308
well tomorrow you should tape somebody's 914/6 (audio) racing or something and later on that night (try 1am or so) fake a 914 party and start playing those sounds....then start talking real loud (over the music wink.gif ) about just how good the 914/6 sounds revving to x RPM or something....thats what I do when my roomy gets pissy with me....i also have duct (or DUCK....QUACK) tape just in case things get really hairy
Bleyseng
I bet it was easy for Qarl to find out of your HS class 10 students via Google. happy11.gif
bd1308
i was one of 300+ in my graduating class. Actually if you do a google on me, you'll find my Trinity Television newscast scripts wink.gif ah the good ol days.......
Qarl
Britt,

OF COURSE we approve of your fix... YOU FIXED IT! That's great! smilie_pokal.gif

As far as everybody's comments... they are just giving you a hard time. We do that here. It's our little way of welcoming you to the club....

We're just breaking you in.

As far as your picture... Google does wonders!

wavey.gif
Brando
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 6 2005, 12:54 AM)
I was just awaken as usual, by assholes, with asshole dogs..

I can't get more than 4 hours, the roomys are asses... I gotta get out of here, they suck.

M

Just run open headers at about 2k for 20 minutes at 3 in the morning... or wait until they've been drinking heavily one night and start early... like 6AM on the dot! happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
get a pertronix man cool.gif
bd1308
i think i'm not goign to post anymore till i get this thing fixed. I have my dizzy on my dorm room floor rigth now (marked w/ sharpie so dizzy isnt 180degrees off)....how do i take this thing apart?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.