Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diagnostic help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Ok, heres the deal:
Car starts and idles fine, pulls all the way to redline fine when not fully warmed up. Once it gets hot, sometimes it feels like it is not firing on all cylinders. This only happens from idle to like 2500 rpm, and then again from 5000 to redline. Between those two figures it "catches" and fires on all before feeling like it looses cylinders. Any idea's? Only thing I can think of is that I ran low on gas and there is crap in the fuel filter, but if this was the case wouldn't it cause erratic running throughout the entire rpm range? Lately this car has been giving me nothing but trouble, so help me figgure this out before I burn it to the ground ar15.gif
type47
i would think dirt in the fuel line would make it run poorly during running conditions of high flow requirement(=high rpm) so if it runs OK at high (as you say) i would not think dirt. just my thoughts, no guarantees on accuracy type.gif
ArtechnikA
cylinder head temp sensor ?
TheCabinetmaker
Dwell will cause those symtoms, but should be the same at all temps. Same with clogged fuel lines. Check ALL the vacuum lines and grounds. CHT is temp related but rmp shouldn't have an effect. Check the connection at ts1(intake air temp sensor) and the thermo tine switch. These are things I check first. How are your vacuum lines? Fuel pressure?

Just trying to touch on something you may not have thought of.

Good luck, you'll figure it out.

Oh yeah, burn your car to the ground and you'll be eternally haunted by the 914 fire ghost!!!!!!!n His name starts with M laugh.gif
Bleyseng
I can ship the Janbo down to you if you want. Pretty simple tester. It helped to figure out what was going on with John Jones car even thou we just didn't effin BELIEVE the test results. The old this can't be right, that part is new....We finally did and fixed the car.

Geoff
ChrisReale
Yea, Ill give it a shot Geoff, Ill PM my address to you.
I have a Pertronix in there, so shouldn't ythe dwell be more stable? maybe I should re-check the gap
Joe Bob
Fuel pressure been checked?
ChrisReale
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 5 2005, 07:09 PM)
Fuel pressure been checked?

Not yet, I need to get a gauge...
d7n7master
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Mar 5 2005, 04:24 PM)
cylinder head temp sensor ?

Happened to our '73-2.0 D-Jet. Ran like $hit until it warmed up.
Replaced the temp sensor (T-2).
While I was there I added two layers of heat-shrink wrap to further insulate the new sensor's wires. 'Cause they get really e'fin hot!!!
Bleyseng
I suspect either bad injectors or FI harness or grounds.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.