Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Top Refinishing...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
So Rob Ways had his top refinished by Yeaman Autobody in Palo Alto and it caused me to synapse... Hey! I need that done too! I just got off the phone with Scott Yeaman and I asked if he was interested in doing a group buy. He's not so interested in that. He just doesn't have the room to store them so I talked to him about maybe doing a one a month thing...

So, next up is November. and so on. If you want in on this, indicate it and in the order you sign up, that will be your month! biggrin.gif
bandjoey
Pictures? Cost? How to ship? what is the Yeaman process. Thanks for filling us in.
bandjoey
Sorry. Duplicate post
EdwardBlume
I paid $300 which included some work to the edges. Took 3-4 weeks as they did it between jobs. I picked it up as well.
EdwardBlume
The process is that they took my old top and made it look really nice, really original. av-943.gif

They had some stuff they used before with somebody else who posts here. I got the same.
dlkawashima
I'm the 'somebody else who posts here' that Rob mentions. Apparently, I'm easily forgotten biggrin.gif

The process was discussed in this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=261487

The end result is a top that looks brand new ... it's really that good. In fact, I'll stick my neck out and say it's as good anything anyone else is doing here in the States.

IPB Image
Bossman
I'd be interested.
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Bossman @ Sep 22 2015, 08:56 PM) *

I'd be interested.

agree.gif
beerchug.gif
I'd need to source a loaner top, or finally buy an extra to modify for roof racks, since my 914 is used almost daily for the drive to work
rhodyguy
2 way shipping will be brutally expensive. perhaps oversized.
rhodyguy
2 way shipping will be brutally expensive. perhaps oversized. i'm going to rattle bomb one of my stash smooth finish roofs. prob red or 'like' an irish green. haven't decided yet.
Jett
Any local Seattle folk that do this type of work? I have three that need work.

Cheers
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ Sep 23 2015, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Bossman @ Sep 22 2015, 08:56 PM) *

I'd be interested.

agree.gif
beerchug.gif
I'd need to source a loaner top, or finally buy an extra to modify for roof racks, since my 914 is used almost daily for the drive to work

I just gave two extra tops to Steve in Berkeley. Send him a PM.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Sep 22 2015, 08:12 PM) *

I'm the 'somebody else who posts here' that Rob mentions. Apparently, I'm easily forgotten biggrin.gif

The process was discussed in this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=261487

The end result is a top that looks brand new ... it's really that good. In fact, I'll stick my neck out and say it's as good anything anyone else is doing here in the States.

IPB Image

Sorry Dave. My memory isn't that good.

Actually, THANKS Dave. It turned out so good that there's no way I could have made it that nice. Looks new is a good assessment.

Not sure about shipping but the N Cal folks should be all over this.
EdwardBlume
I did remember it was an orange car....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.