Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-jetronic injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chazt74914
I have a '74 -2.0 with a leaking injector on #3 so I swapped it out for a rebuilt injector I had on hand from Auto Atlanta. now there is no leak but I have a miss- #3 appears to be dead.
so I swapped the old one back in and the miss is gone but the leak is back.
Could I have a bad injector out of the package?
Is there an easy way to test it without plugging back into the system?OBSERVATION; the needle tip is not visible or protruding on the new injector like it is on the old one//also the nozzle sleeve is black vs green on the old one.

Any help appreciated.
CHAZT
JeffBowlsby
The injector needs 2.8V to activate. You can test it by intermittently and quickly applying voltage from a 9V battery - you should hear a click which is the pintle moving.

Injectors that sit around for awhile not used can bind up, soak it in PB blaster or fuel injector cleaner to loosen it up.

Tom_T
In addition to Jeff's excellent tips ....

The old school method to test was to put the connected injector in an old clear glass jar & watch while the engine is cranked or running to see if it's working at all &/or too much or too little in the fuel pattern.

If that AA rebuild it still under their part warranty, then I wouldn't soak it & possibly void your warranty, but send it back for another.

Call AA 1st if in doubt - same with any other vendor too!

If it's new in box (new reconditioned/rebuilt in this case), then get another if still covered by the vendor & let them fix the bad one, while you install a new/rebuilt good one IMHO!

You paid good money expecting a working one!!

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
porschetub
Are the injectors matching ?,colour and part numbers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.