Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rebuilding front and rear suspension how to
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I have a '71 914 in which we have stripped down. We are now wanting to start rebuilding and refinishing the front and rear suspension. Are there any good threads going through this rebuild? Tried to search and haven't found them. Looking for upgrades like turbo tie rods, bushings, and powder coating foe example. Planning on keeping the car as a stock 1.7 daily driver.

Thanks,
Buck
LowBridge
I'm also replacing my front suspension bushing and would be interested in knowing the factory angle for the starting point.
thelogo
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Sep 23 2015, 10:45 AM) *

I have a '71 914 in which we have stripped down. We are now wanting to start rebuilding and refinishing the front and rear suspension. Are there any good threads going through this rebuild? Tried to search and haven't found them. Looking for upgrades like turbo tie rods, bushings, and powder coating foe example. Planning on keeping the car as a stock 1.7 daily driver.

Thanks,
Buck

driving-girl.gif

I would start here
http://www.elephantracing.com/suspension/d...siondiagram.htm

I know this stuff is crazy expensive

But I mean your not gonna be replacing it every weekend

I love the photos and info

I'm all about suspension

( as this is one of the top ten handling cars ever made) ( 944 is the best handling car ever made I've been told )

and could care less about
Propulsion 1.7 has always gotten me there

So for me it would be worth it to sink all my budget into that

But even if you go it alone and buy stock replacement else where ( I'm very Leary about Sierra Madre collection so beware ) my first choice would always be classified from other members here

This elephant Racine site is great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.