Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NLA 914 559 253 10
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Another rubber part you might 'easily' offer. Engine Lid Rubber Buffer (from PET) also called Rubber Bumper.

Need a pair...google can't locate them anywhere.
Tom_T
Recheck with Porsche, cuz IIRC it's the same buffer/stop as used on 911/912/930 front deck lids (& rear??), & the last I saw they still had them cuz they support taildraggers so much better than us middie 914ers! dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
bandjoey
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Mikey914
Already on it. Thanks for the part number. I have a perfect example in my hand.
bandjoey
Shouldn't there be a groove at the base of the small end, to snap into the hinge? Hard to see the detail on your picture.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 23 2015, 02:25 PM) *

Shouldn't there be a groove at the base of the small end, to snap into the hinge? Hard to see the detail on your picture.

Nope. The grove is a result of the bumper moving over time. I got these from Craig at Camp 914 as he has a pristine pair. He actually commented on how hard the old ones are to remove because of the wear.
These are a rare find that Craig thought I should make, I had agreed and the thread popped up a day later.

Must be Carma
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 24 2015, 04:49 PM) *

Nope. The grove is a result of the bumper moving over time. I got these from Craig at Camp 914 as he has a pristine pair. He actually commented on how hard the old ones are to remove because of the wear.
These are a rare find that Craig thought I should make, I had agreed and the thread popped up a day later.

Must be Carma

As nice as my car is mine are getting to the end ,my deck is lightened for the 6 conversion and it pops up too fast up on release,think that's killing them.
I'am thinking they must be fairly hard rubber?.
By the way thanks for the reply to my email will place my order next week.
Mikey914
Yes these are a fairly hard rubber, It is harder than say the targa seals. Pretty simple to get the hardness matched, I see no reason to change it as they were pretty durable having lasted this long already.
bandjoey
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 24 2015, 01:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 24 2015, 04:49 PM) *

Must be Carma

As nice as my car is mine are getting to the end ,my deck is lightened for the 6 conversion and it pops up too fast up on release,think that's killing them.
I'am thinking they must be fairly hard rubber?.
By the way thanks for the reply to my email will place my order next week.

I seen threads where one torsion spring is removed for less opening power. Don't know how it holds the lid open though. Yes when mine opens it'll hit the targa bar if I don't put my hand up.
SixerJ
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 23 2015, 07:55 PM) *

Recheck with Porsche, cuz IIRC it's the same buffer/stop as used on 911/912/930 front deck lids (& rear??), & the last I saw they still had them cuz they support taildraggers so much better than us middie 914ers! dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I have a longhood and not knowingly ever seen this type on the car, 911s have a similar buffer but it has a course helical groove in it so you can adjust the buffer height

Anyway. It looks like Mike is already riding to the rescue and they will no longer be NLA, if only he made brass GT oil cooler hard lines then he really would be a 914 God!

Keep up the good work Mike
Mikey914
Done posting a GB
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 4 2015, 05:37 PM) *

Done posting a GB

They look great,what are they like to fit?
TJB/914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 23 2015, 01:34 PM) *

Another rubber part you might 'easily' offer. Engine Lid Rubber Buffer (from PET) also called Rubber Bumper.

Need a pair...google can't locate them anywhere.

Mark,
I am sending you one of these rubber buffer bumper thingies with the gauges you ordered this week.
Tom
Guys,
A while ago I searched forever to find these Stoddard has them 901-423-528-00 I ordered and got them just as pictured I paid around $7 per bumper..
r_towle
You should take a look and see if you can make a rubber adapter to allow using a stock air filter in the 73 paper filter Airbox for the 1.7 liter motor.

They are NLA but there are other types that are close but either to tall or too short.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.