Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB engine deck lid bumpers in the mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I had started on this just this week. I usually try to wait until I'm close before I open these up.

I know mine were missing sign up now and you can replace inexpensively may be 6-9 weeks out, haven't CAD'ed up yet.
pete000
I asked for these over a year ago !

Glad to see they might get made.

Put me in for 3 sets !

Thanks !
kid914
Mark are these the same as the trunks.
rmdinmd
in for a set
puffinator
I'm in
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(kid914 @ Sep 23 2015, 04:15 PM) *

Mark are these the same as the trunks.

I'm not mark, but, no.
smj
I'm sure I need a set of these, or two... I'm in.
Kansas 914
3 sets for me, thanks.
banananose914
In for a set of two. Thanks
wes
One set please!
Mblizzard
Yep as usual i am in.
sbsix
I'm in too.

These are different than the trunk bumpers at the corners of the front & rear trunk lids. Those are still readily available and start with part #999.
MartyYeoman
Put me down for two sets, please.
Thanks ,Marty
bandjoey
I checked the 999 part today and it doesn't work. A set for me thanks.
Garland
2 sets here.
jack20
I need a set. Please add to my existing order.
Thanks.,
Jack
barefoot
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 23 2015, 04:00 PM) *

I had started on this just this week. I usually try to wait until I'm close before I open these up.

I know mine were missing sign up now and you can replace inexpensively may be 6-9 weeks out, haven't CAD'ed up yet.

Put me down for a set.
Barefoot
dlee6204
In for a set
Mikey914
QUOTE(jack20 @ Sep 23 2015, 11:50 PM) *

I need a set. Please add to my existing order.
Thanks.,
Jack

These are just getting started, so will be 5-6 weeks out.
RohJay
Count me in for ONE set. Thanks
BillC
I'd like two sets as well.
boogie_man
2 sets please
raynekat
Definitely want some of these.

I believe these are the same little rubber bumpers you'll see in the front trunk under the spare tire. At least my 71 has them there....
kkid
2 sets please.
Mikey914
QUOTE(raynekat @ Sep 24 2015, 12:36 PM) *

I believe these are the same little rubber bumpers you'll see in the front trunk under the spare tire. At least my 71 has them there....

I think you may be right, I'll have to check,
sbsix
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 24 2015, 02:12 PM) *

Mark, I believe those front trunk pieces are much smaller. I have them out and bagged at home and I can check tonight and post a picture. Saves you some trouble.
Harpo
Count me in for a set

Thanks

DAvid
sbsix
QUOTE(sbsix @ Sep 24 2015, 02:23 PM) *

Mark, I believe those front trunk pieces are much smaller. I have them out and bagged at home and I can check tonight and post a picture. Saves you some trouble.

raynekat is correct these rubber bumpers, 914.559.253.10, are located in the front trunk area as spacers for the front valance. They mount from underneath the trunk.

So there are 4 of these bumpers on at least, the early 914s.Click to view attachment
sbsix
QUOTE(sbsix @ Sep 24 2015, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(sbsix @ Sep 24 2015, 02:23 PM) *

raynekat is correct these rubber bumpers, 914.559.253.10, are located in the front trunk area as spacers for the front valance. They mount from underneath the trunk.

So there are 4 of these bumpers on at least, the early 914s.Click to view attachment

So now I would like 2 sets (4). Learn something new all the time on these cars!
bandjoey
Yes. Page 197 of PET. Same name and part number. No.. 26

Now I need another set.
bandjoey
Sbsix. It looks like there's a groove in the small end for the metal to snap into. Mikey's picture doesn't. (So it appears to my old eyes). Please try to snap a clear closeup to confirm this or tell me I'm wrong. If there's a groove then there's two models. Mikeys came from Camp without the groove.
sbsix
I'll double check tonight when I get home.
sbsix
The groove is there for sure for the metal to snap into for the front trunk application.

This is the best close-up I could manage.Click to view attachment
sbsix
Just took a closer look at my engine lid cover and it would seem that the same part pops into place through the metal in that application, as well.

Let's wait to hear back from Mark whether the piece he received from camp914 had a groove.
sbsix
Looking at Mark's original picture I see a groove, or at least I think I see a groove. My eyes aren't so good either.
bandjoey
Unless yours are in new condition the groove might just be from compression ovet time. It probably doesn't matter. I was thinking that without the groove it might pop out or not stay flat in place. Either way I'm in for 2 sets. Thanks.
Mikey914
The picture may have somewhat of an illusion due to the fact the rubber is shinny and not scratched up. There is a taper to start the plug, but no rib. The base looks like it was just slightly compressed due to the fact it had been installed, but there are no tool marks.
Rothbard
I'll take two sets.
Mikey914
Put these on sale for you.

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/Engine-Deck-...m?categoryId=-1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.