Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a BIG thank you and props
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
words can't convey my appreciation for their hospitality, generosity and help that allowed me to attend the RRC this year. props to all all of the other members that made an 'old new guy' feel welcome too. super fun, super time. i'll NEVER forget the past week. where are we going next year?

k
SLITS
Good people for sure, but I still think you should have bought it from them! It fit you like a glove** biggrin.gif

**OJ reference
rhodyguy
And the Circle D too. smilie_pokal.gif I forgot an old leather belt of my dad's in the room. No real value other than sentimental. I called, spoke with Robert (the manager) and they still have it in the lost and found. He's mailing it to me today. I offered to send him payment to cover shipping and was told not to worry about it. Just try to get that sort of consideration from one of the big chains. Most cases they can't be bothered. Wow.
JRust
It was great seeing you there Kevin! Absolutely awesome weekend. That group is always worth the trip. I borrowed Jim's the year before to go. The 914 community in general has so many great people. I love 914's to be sure but what has kept me around is the community that goes with it wub.gif
sixnotfour
Thanks Kevin,, the week started rainy and broken,, but ended awesome...
rhodyguy
there is some fine 'jeepin' in that terrain up in the hills pictured behind me. it's much taller and steeper than it looks. the mud that gets flung off the paddle tires on the v-8 equipped jeep stains your clothing. that plow, er, spoiler can be fixed so don't throw it away. wink.gif happy evening in Erb with the game results last night yes?
sixnotfour
hey Kevin , no worries only 1 hour to realign it and so far a bunch of small Band-Aids ...but it has its shape back... beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
I had faith in you on that one Jeff. Leave the scars.
SLITS
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 19 2016, 07:32 PM) *

I had faith in you on that one Jeff. Leave the scars.

agree.gif It fits the patina of the car. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Kevin roof was cut and shortened , one inch, so that the roof rubber sits on steel ,,no shiny trim..1.5 glassed onto rear ends of the top and then sanded to match the body curve... rally car roof vent with 2 small fans.. pinch weld push on trim
sixnotfour
Had the rear tires flipped white letters In. and I had 2 new 245/45-50s so they are on the front.. looks and drives better.
sixnotfour
100 degree driving around gets a bot hot,, rear oil cooler..the back panel was already Fd up from a 911 reflector,, so I added some bigger ones.
rhodyguy
Nice Jeff. So...does the top still fit in the trunk or is it on all of the time now? Not as twitchy with the new tires? Crossing over crowns on pavement was an adventure with the setup last year.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 1 2016, 07:24 AM) *

Nice Jeff. So...does the top still fit in the trunk or is it on all of the time now? Not as twitchy with the new tires? Crossing over crowns on pavement was an adventure with the setup last year.

the Top never fit the trunk ..oil tank
rhodyguy
Forgot that one. Cool car, nice power plant. You should show a picture of the oil tank.
sixnotfour
WTF.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 1 2016, 07:50 AM) *

Forgot that one. Cool car, nice power plant. You should show a picture of the oil tank.

It runs great now,, wasn't so good when we slammed it together and you drove it 900 mile roundtrip.. driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 5 2015, 08:12 PM) *

Thanks Kevin,, the week started rainy and broken,, but ended awesome...

thats why the call them DAMS biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Dam ////////////Driving back from SLC to to Erda 80moh legal.. I see what I think is a piece of cardboard getting tossed around car to car...well when I hit it,, clearly Not cardboard...Dam is broke again. Not Kevin's fault
rhodyguy
The gift that keeps on giving. That dam is way low. Now we've both learned the hard way. wink.gif will it buff right out? smile.gif TPIWWOP.
sixnotfour
REDRM chowtime.gif
sixnotfour
Its Back...2.7 sandcastle case / 10-1 / twin plug .. thanks MBMs for shop time, RDRUM 2...@PMB air/water 4/20
Root_Werks
Wow, blast from the past!

Nice to see it's still out running around.

Is the 2.7 the same engine it's always had?
rick 918-S
RRC this year? shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.