Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: paint job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
peter71
Hi, I just found a really nice '74 2.0 but it is in need of a repaint. The previous owner had the color changed from delphi green to a guards red. The paint is now 10 years old and in need of a repaint. Where in the south bay area can I take the car to get it repainted (I would like to have the car back to its original green!!). Do any of you club members do body/paint work? What does it cost to have one of these cars repainted (incl. trunks and jambs).I would like to have it done pretty soon so I can enjoy the car this summer!

thanks
pete biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (peter71 @ Mar 5 2005, 05:22 PM)
I would like to have it done pretty soon so I can enjoy the car this summer!

if you can get the car to napa, contact McMark as he's setting up shop right now ...

cool.gif Andy
McMark
Tow Dolly available as well. wink.gif
nine14cats
Hi Peter,

If you can, talk to McMark and company about the resto/repaint on the car. Maybe you can all meet up at the next 914 breakfast and get an estimate. If Napa is too far, in our neck of the woods Scott Yeaman at Yeaman autobody knows our cars as well. He races them, has a street 914, and builds them. (He's actually building my race car along with Jerry Woods Enterprises). He did a great job taking care of 914Club members after my trailer canopy nailed two 914's at last year's WCC during a windstorm. Bodystyle in San Jose specializes in Porsches as well, but bring a Brink's truck with you....

Since you're local, I could help you dis-assemble the car for paint to help offset cost.

Just a few ideas.

Good Luck!

Bill P.
tiim5
No doubt about it....... contact Mcmark, you will be glad you did.
Trekkor
Call Brandon Penserini at Altissimo- 707-253-paint.

Mark doesn't paint, remember wink.gif

KT
redshift
Don't let him drive your car though. laugh.gif

He loves a good burger! burger.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.