Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs Wheel Refinishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFix
I have a set of 5 914 Fuchs wheels that are in fine working order but need to be refinished to take off 30 years of living. They have the original anodized finish and I'm leaning towards having them refinished that way. Any suggestions on an east coast wheel shop that can do this correctly, or alternatives that aren't too far from a factory look?
Thanks for your help.
seanery
Al Reed polishing in Anaheim can do it for you. Can do annodized like factory or fully polished, polished and black...whatever you like.
I, for one, am very happy with their service and their pricing.
seanery
these were the fully annodized with clear lip 16x6 that we see on every mid 80's 911. smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
Alex Magro ('70 Fasty) is a member here and does great work. Only does P-car wheels and is here in Tampa. You don't need to go to the west coast.

Send him a PM and tell him I sent you.

Paul
Joe Bob
The cross country shipping may kill ya....
seanery
I sent mine both ways...wasn't bad at all.
Gint
I drove mine out and had Al ship them back.

ChrisFix
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 5 2005, 06:38 PM)
Alex Magro ('70 Fasty) is a member here and does great work. Only does P-car wheels and is here in Tampa.  You don't need to go to the west coast.

Send him a PM and tell him I sent you.

Paul

Thanks for the recommendations. I pm'd '70 Fasty and I'll look into the costs for shipping back and forth with Al Reed in Anaheim as well. I'll post my results and pics when I eventually get the wheels done.
Thanks again.
Chris
Sammy
Al reed here too.
Luckily for me I could almost walk to his shop from my house.
Gint
In fact, I drove over to Al Reed's shop from Sammy's house. I figured walking with 4 Fuchs wouldn't be practical. cool.gif

Here's a pic from my Al Reed polished Fuchs thread.

user posted image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.