Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NJ Historics 914 Fun Video - 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
MikeSpraggi
Video is from Sept. 20, Group 4, Race 2. Just having some fun. Unfortunately, the video is banned in 1 country .... maybe England (because of the opening song)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoVZhmlc_eY
wndsrfr
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 25 2015, 02:44 AM) *

Video is from Sept. 20, Group 4, Race 2. Just having some fun. Unfortunately, the video is banned in 1 country .... maybe England (because of the opening song)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoVZhmlc_eY

Sweet video Mike.....nice driving & very consistent--I feel your pain on those 3rd/5th gear selectons....bummer. Now to figure out what's up with the loss of grip on those left-handers??

John
toadman
I loved it! Thanks for sharing.
draganc
Great clip! Thanks for sharing.
RickS
Extremely fun to watch. Enjoyed the commentary.
gms
Looks like you were having fun, it is always nice to have an evenly matched car out there to race with
Jetsetsurfshop
driving.gif Looks like fun.
OmaPossu
That looks fun smile.gif Both 914:s were 2.4:s?
Alphaogre
I would love to have the corvair and the 914! drooley.gif
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(OmaPossu @ Dec 5 2015, 09:40 AM) *

That looks fun smile.gif Both 914:s were 2.4:s?

I have a 2.4, I think the white car has a 3.0.
brant
Any updates on the left turn suspension?

I'd pull the front shocks and check them
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 26 2015, 08:19 AM) *

Any updates on the left turn suspension?

I'd pull the front shocks and check them

Ran good at the Turkey Bowl at Summit Point, so this off season, checking the shocks, changing tires from Toyo R888s to RA1s and getting an alignment. I really am not crazy about the 888 for this car.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Dec 26 2015, 07:58 AM) *

Ran good at the Turkey Bowl at Summit Point, so this off season, checking the shocks, changing tires from Toyo R888s to RA1s and getting an alignment. I really am not crazy about the 888 for this car.

Mike--You'll love the RA1's--I certainly do. I got mine shaved to 4/32....just the circumferential grooves showing.....ran them all season & no cording showing....of course that may just be an indication of me not knowing how to push the car hard enough, dunno....but with them shaved you get max traction & minimum heat buildup.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Dec 26 2015, 07:35 PM) *

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Dec 26 2015, 07:58 AM) *

Mike--You'll love the RA1's--I certainly do. I got mine shaved to 4/32....just the circumferential grooves showing.....ran them all season & no cording showing....of course that may just be an indication of me not knowing how to push the car hard enough, dunno....but with them shaved you get max traction & minimum heat buildup.

So I've heard about the RA1s. Not allowed to shave in VRG, guess I'll just have to wear them down! sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.