Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: C Car not a P car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
Not a great pic but its the best that I could take today. Got this car started today!!! First time it has been started in 10 years!!!!!!!

Amazingly...It started right up with just very little coaxing. I really thought that it was going to take major effort to get this one running!! All I had to do was spray a little starting fluid in the carb and she tried to start on the first crank. Nother shot of starting fluid and she fired again and ran just alittle longer. 3rd shot and she started and idled!!!! Died on throttle up 2 or 3 times and then accepted throttle input and really smothed out nice after running for about 4-5 minutes. Now she's firing right up and running smoooooth smilie_pokal.gif Absolutely amazing that this car sat for 10 years and started right up! Even with 10 year old gas ohmy.gif

Here she is...
Doug Leggins
My father-in-law was a chevrolet dealer for years and held onto this car. It was never dealer prepped for sale and never sold.
Doug Leggins
Here is why she really deserves the A+
Qarl
HOLY SHIT!

Sorry....

Worth some $$$$ I am sure..
Qarl
I would Barett Jackson that puppy!

Joe Bob
Pretty...but sad.....cars are for driving.....
Doug Leggins
Worth some $$$$ I am sure..

Always intriguing thinking about the value of this one. Not a highly collectable/ rare car. But perhaps the lowest mile 78 pace car in existence!

I would Barett Jackson that puppy!

I sure have thought about that once or twice....
Doug Leggins
Pretty...but sad..

Sad to some. but standing next to this one i feel no sadness at all.....

cars are for driving.....

Well, most are. Some are for collecting.
Pnambic
yeah, when you've got the teener, why would you drive the vette? wink.gif biggrin.gif
beer.gif
JoeSharp
Hang in there Doug. I have a 77 (last of the first wifes posessions I still own) with 145 K on it and it still starts when I need it to. Mine is at the other end of the scale. I'm sure you have the lowest mileage 78 Pace Car in the world. smilie_pokal.gif Just leave it alone. biggrin.gif
Joe
P.S. Lie I still have her house.
neo914-6
Low mileage V8 for a conversion... laugh.gif
skline
I would keep that car, it is way cool that is was never dealer prepped. Its like a time capsule. Another 10 years that car will be worth mega bucks. 4 miles on the odo. That is so cool.
soloracer
Wow! A friend of mine had a pace car just like that one - only with way more miles. It was a fun car at the time.
nickg
beleive it or not, your car is not that uncommon. the 78 collecter vette was pretty popular to do exactly what was done there, i have seen about 15 more like that in the past. all about 2-4 miles on the odo. it will be worth $ someday, just not like the early vettes. Corrvette Mike in ohio has a few cars like this, there are a few in muesems and they come up in hemmings often like this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.