Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RR-PCA a/x #1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
For all who have not traveled north of Santa Rosa, this is the location for our Zone 7 a/x #1 and #2 next month.

It's at the Charles Shultz Airfield.
Really nice surface and layout. There is not the usual sea of cones, as the site lends itself to a/x well. It's like a mini track. If you go off course, you are in the grass... unsure.gif

Fast course, too. Found the top of third gear.

It was interesting this morning, right after the course walk, the a/x director, in an effort to disperse some standing water, let the entire field of drivers parade lap the course a low speed for four laps. This was good, as it taught you the track layout off the clock. Neat idea, only took about ten minutes, too.

There were about thirty cars attending.
I put up an 11th place finish. confused24.gif 48.2 seconds.

TTOD was the nice red 914 2.2 FOUR featured in Excellence mag recently. 45 sec run.

Here's me spinning backwards, DNF, front and center, right before the start/finish lights. Scarfing up cones. chowtime.gif

KT
Trekkor
TTOD
Trekkor
pair of SIXES
Aaron Cox
way to go t dog!!!!
Trekkor
550 REP.
This guy was fast
Trekkor
Taking the turn the right way wink.gif
Trekkor
Trekkor
I will go back here again and again...
Trekkor
I gots in car video footage. Wanna see that? drooley.gif

KT
nebreitling
definitely post the video, trek

how'd you like the /6 vs the /4 for AX? handling?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 5 2005, 09:28 PM)
how'd you like the /6 vs the /4 for AX? handling?

it was dizzying laugh.gif (spin unsure.gif )
Trekkor
I'll need to give the disk to someone to upload...Dial-up here headbang.gif

The handling is not as good. Understeers again.
I've still got the 200# rear schprings to install and I have some adjustment left in the bar. I'll have it sorted by Marina.
I'm skipping Candleschtick. That place hurls. barf.gif

KT
Trekkor
course map
nebreitling
yeah, pop in those 200's for marina for sure. i think car looks good with those wheels and its stance. smilie_pokal.gif way to go, dude.
Dave_Darling
Good lord, you were topping out 3rd gear on that layout???

The other bad thing about the runoff at the airport site: Terrain. I've seen a nice factory Six get bent by going off the far sweeper. And have heard stories of other cars as well. Happily, those are few and far between.

Was Holly Brink there in her red 356? I always adored her for bringing that thing out. Not to mention that I was in solid competition with her for BTOD when I started out... My first autoX was at the airport. smile.gif

--DD
Trekkor
People loved the sound and balance of my little SIX.

No lady drivers to speak of.

There was a 928 driver who did a little...ahem..gardening.
He put two wheels off on the front straight, went into a spin and put the other two off.
Did a complete 360, but never had more than two wheels off at any given time, so no DNF.
Huge wave of water, mud and grass. They red flagged the course to push of the debris.

He said there was actually grass inside his car... lol2.gif

Wish you coulda been there.

KT
xsboost90
awsome, i hope that i can get my teener out soon and do some flogging. My g/f ran her first autox pca today, did pretty well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.