Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: time for my daily 914 thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
well i will start of with the long story. i was going to try to use the stock tail pipe from the suby engine but i ran into 2 problems. the first problem was the cat hit the clutch pulley and pushed the the tail pipe down to far. the second the tail pipes stuck down away from the engine to clear the stock engine bar about 7 inches total drop. well i decided to change the manifold to go straight back like the 914 HE's and got the manifold down to 3.5 inches. it was some rough grinding of stock welds, about 2 hours for 1 side. the second problem is a muffler shop told me it would cost between 200 and 400 to make a exaust pipe for the car including muffler. but this did not include modifing the manifold.

well after i cut the manifold apart i realized i cut it off at the 3/8 thick plate that bolted to the head not the thiner piping. lets just say that the gas setup i had could only weld 1/8 steel max, so i was sol. until i picked up kerry's old welder today, he got fed up with the old one. with my new to me welder, thanks pray.gif kerry, i welded up the manifold to the plate in 15 mins.

so now my exaust system will cost me about 50 bucks.

but i do have one question for all of you ? the car had 2 o2 sensors that were on either side of the cat, which is now not being used. ? part: can i use a small resistor like 1 to 5 ohms to make the brain "see" a lower o2 reading after the cat, which does not exist any more, i mean i just need to to drop, a little in the voltage department to see lower o2 readings.... right

tia
scotty b
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Mar 5 2005, 08:04 PM)
the first problem was the cat hit the clutch pulley and pushed the the tail pipe down to far.

dry.gif THAT's why I'm a dog person. biggrin.gif
grasshopper
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif Sorry, had to do it happy11.gif
scotty914
fine be that way

before shortening
scotty914
after
scotty914
comparison shot
grasshopper
Thanks! looks good. Hope to see it finished before i'm forced to move. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.