Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another newby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hound3898
my question is have 72 914 1.7 liter was turning it over and lost all power but the battery has full charge have any ideas? wacko.gif
davep
Could be the ignition switch failed. The electrical part commonly fails and is easily replaced.
SGB
All power, or all power to starter?

1st guess-
voltage regulator- an easy swap but a little pricey- $40 or so....
scotts-toolwench
Thread hijack.....

This is my 50th post! smilie_pokal.gif I feel mighty special! Whoo-hoo! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
I'm not a newby anymore! biggrin.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif

End hijack.....
hound3898
all power is gone , as i said she was running fine then went to turn her over and while i was turning her over (all went silent) reminded me of a fuse dying but have searched all my fuses they seem fine not sure where to look next. headbang.gif
skline
Check the relay board in the engine compartment, check the relay under the passenger seat. Make sure you are getting power there when you turn the key. Make sure all your grounds are german virgins (Gootntight) and then turn the key and if you still dont have power, check some more stuff. I would bet it is an easy fix, its just tough to troubleshoot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.