Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR20DET engine swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
paintballwgp88
Has anyone ever tried to swap a Nissan SR20DET into a 914? This engine is out of a Nissan Silvia, which is only available in Japan, and would have nice power. It's very popular in the Import scene and is usually swapped into 240sx's, which are the same chassis as the Silvia. The SR20DET is an aluminum block inline four that is turbocharged with about 205hp. They can usually be acquired for the low sum of $1200-1500, and there is a plethora of aftermarket parts available in the U.S. If anyone could direct me to someone who can make this swap possible or tell me how impractical it would be, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks
wrpspddrvr
WOOO! I actually just sold my S14 Zenki with a blacktop from an S14 Kouki 2 weeks ago! I was running your basic stuff: FMIC, 14psi on the stock T28, SSQV BOV, Apexi WS suspension, BFGoodrich g-force TA K/Ds, that sort of stuff. It was putting down about 220 to the wheels. That thing was so sweet! I miss it sad.gif
This is actually a little dream of mine, too! I would LOVE to have that engine (well, to be truthful, I think the CA18DET would be a bit better....) in a 914! It just feels like it would be a perfect match.
I know Kennedy Engineering has an adaptor for the 914 tranny to fit the SR, but I imagine all of the actual *swap* would be up to you. The radiator, messing with the ECU, all that. Talk to some of the guys on http://www.240sxforums.com/forums They should be able to help as far as the computer crap and whatnot. The mounts would be up to you. The radiator stuff has been done a million times; just look around here or on V8 914 sites.
If you want some help (ha!) or anything, hit me up. Especially if you need help replacing exhaust gaskets on the SR. Lord knows I've replaced my fair share of those f***ers!

There's no sound like an SR all wound up with an open exhaust. It's a beautiful thing... drooley.gif wub.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.