Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warm Start Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
I am having a problem with warm starts. Starts fine when the motor is cold, but after it gets to operating temperature, it does not want to start. Turns over fine, just won't fire.

Now here's the weird part, if I get it pushed or towed, even just a few feet, it fires right up. sad.gif

I asked Slits for some suggestions, but none have worked out. Anyone else experienced this problem? Possible solutions?

Thanks for helping. Keep up the good work helping Brad!
bd1308
same thing here....check your grounds. I always had some quarters and some football playing friends to help push me while i was at Trinity High School....so I never really was stuck. BUT I believe its something with the ignition switch and certain grounds or something that cause it not to start.....in fact i would check your switch...i think i remember that beign out a long time ago. Whenever it was warm and the planets were aligned and i was holding grape soda, the car just wouldnt start up...i think it was the ignition switch. Fuel pump maybe too?
redshift
Valves in adjustment? Is the car running hot?

M
martinef1963
I had a similar problem, and I changed the ignition swith cylinder, and the plastic jobbie that hooks up to the switch. I also checked grounds, and to really cover my basis I added a hot voltage start up kits - $20. bucks or so.

My car works fine now. I think that these cars have a problem with heat in the wires though. I new set of wires would really eliminate a lot of electircal problems, but then again who has all that $$$$ siting around to buy new set of wires? I don't - good luck.
bd1308
bowlesby is a god when concerning wiring harnesses, but until i come up with $350 or more for his harness, im forced just to cut and fix mine..... sad.gif
Rhodes71/914
I had this same problem intermintantly. I just switched out the steering column for other reasons and it had a new ignition switch. I hadn't though about it until I read this post but it hasn't happened since. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.