Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price of Mahle wheels and other parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tasfalen
Guy out my way (BC) is parting out/selling some 914s. If anyone is interested, let me know.

My question is, he wants $600 for a set of four Mahle wheels. This seems kind of steep to me especially when he wants $2000 for everything, including:

the Mahles
a stripped 1972 with everything (incl. engine), in boxes
2 x sideshift trannies
a spare 1.8 engine w/ dual carbs
boxes of parts from another stripped 'teener

Advice? I need some better rims for my 1972. sad.gif

J
rick 918-S
Is that Canadian?
lapuwali
Four-bolt Mahles in nice shape go for around US$350-400 for a set. I'm sometimes seen them for US$250 a set if they need a little cleaning up.
gregrobbins
I am looking for a bargin set of Mahles too. There have been a couple sets sell on eBay in the $325-$400 range during the last six months. On TheSamba.com sellers are asking more than that, but there is no way to know if they sell. Some one on this board offered a set in the fall for $450 or so. Do a search in the classifieds, he may still have them.

If you like the Mahle look, also take a look at Pedrinis. The two wheels are very similar and some like them better. Pedrinis can be found for less $s. I picked up a set of 5 for $125 plus shipping. If you have a later (after 73) car, the Pedrinis need to be machiened to fit the front rotor.
tasfalen
Yep, that's Canadian. I don't think there's anything 'specially good about them, either. Just used wheels.

So in US $600 CDN = $52.40. So probably a good deal then?

ROFL, seriously, it's almost $500 US so probably not such a good deal. sad.gif
Aaron Cox
yummmy....mahle clock ohmy.gif laugh.gif
tasfalen
Hah! I like that. smile.gif
MattR
Here's a pic of a mahle with our favorite admin:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.