Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Struts/Spindles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seventyfive914
I'm still cutting up the '73 parts car, and saving whatever I think may be useful to have on hand in the future. I have saved the front suspension, but I'd like to dis-assemble it so it'll take up less space. I've got the rotors off the spindles, but I'm wondering, are the spindles welded to the struts or what? It seems I remember reading something about being able to get struts with spindles in an already lowered position. I'd like to go that route so long as they're not too expesive. If anyone needs sheetmetal by the way, I still have the tub cut into large sections, so just let me know if you need anything. Regards, -K-
Joe Ricard
Yes the spindles are weled to the struts. Yes they can be CAREFULLY cut off and relocated. However you better be REALLY good at welding. not the hack stuff that I do. Used to have friend in the Navy that was a Nuke certified welder. to bad he got transfered.

So since I'm 1st to post a reply to your thread I need the shift rod from the tunnel. Striaght piece that connects shifter and goes through the firewall.
Seventyfive914
Thanks for the reply Joe. I won't be trusting my welding skills to any structural members as important as the spindles anytime soon. I called the local Advance just for grins, and they actually said they can get them for about forty bucks a side. Does that price sound right? Seems to me they'd be more expensive. I'd really like to get the struts with the spindles already lowered anyway, even if they are a little high-dollar. Anyone have any ideas? Regards, -K-

PS - Oh, yea. I'm going to hang onto all the "hard parts" and drive train related components until I am able to determine the condition and serviceability of what I've got for now. When I mentioned the parts car still being in large sections I was thinking along the lines of people maybe needing sheetmetal sections. -K-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.