Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Costs to the Mid-West
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RangerRhett

Do any of you know what it would run to get a Camp914 car or a California car to the Mid-West... I am a little scared to drive the car 2000+ miles! Though it would be fun, I would be afraid of a breakdown...with my nOOb status, I would totally be screwed. biggrin.gif

driving.gif
CptTripps
Believe it or not, FedEX it pretty reasonable. check their web site...you'll be about $1000...but well worth it.
mercdev
It's ~900 too 1200 from west coast to Kansas City area depending who you choose for your carrier. I'm guessing more for a little farther
nickg
i shipped car das from san diego to nj, dor to door pick up, top load only for 700. they gave ma a tracking # and it was here in 7 days, can't beat that
RangerRhett
QUOTE (nickg @ Mar 6 2005, 07:50 AM)
i shipped car das from san diego to nj, dor to door pick up, top load only for 700. they gave ma a tracking # and it was here in 7 days, can't beat that

No, that isn't too bad! What service was that!?
rick 918-S
Just had a guy interested in the MGA. He told me about $ 850.00 open transport from MN to Oregon.
Porsche Rescue
I used to use DAS because they were the cheapest I could find. Then tried Passport (FedEx) and they were a little less (enclosed) and they use their own trucks- $950 Nebraska to Oregon. $700 coast to coast is great, who?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I paid $995. 00 ,Madison Wis. to Maumee Ohio in 2001. From the rest of the posts, it pays to check around first.
Dave slap.gif
nickg
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Mar 6 2005, 09:07 AM)
I used to use DAS because they were the cheapest I could find. Then tried Passport (FedEx) and they were a little less (enclosed) and they use their own trucks- $950 Nebraska to Oregon. $700 coast to coast is great, who?

DAS....i was lucky that the car was in san diego, their teminal is in Carson City. I live about 45 minutes from their terminal in Linden nj. I specified that be top loaded only(no extra cost for that) and shipped it open. they picked it at exactly the time they specified and called me 6 days later to arrange delivery, delievered exactly on time to me. you need to have them qoute the shipping fopr a 76 or a 70 914, one is much cheaper than another(i have no idea why) they did not use chains, they used wheel straps to secure the car. overall i was very happy and have even had several freindss ship other porsches out from cali...it's a heck of a lot better to get the car there and pay the shipping than buy a pos here in nj or anywhere on the north east coast. The cars in cali are so much nicer that you'd be crazy not to buy one from there.

here is my 76 malaga red car being delivered, sorry for the blur, i flipped it from a bmp file to a jpeg. i am possibly selling this car for 5500(i have another 72 i am converting to a 6)
Joe Bob
Just did an open ship CA to So Carolina....$850.
nickg
Mike, did you have them qoute a 1970 and a 1976? i did that is why i got the price i got, but then again fuel costs are way up now, i had mine shipped in October. I am also on one of their most popular routes so I am sure that made it cheaper
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.