Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help finding an old thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
For some reason I get an "error" message when I try to search this BBS. I am able to search by user name but not topic. What am I doing wrong?
Anyway, can anyone point me to the thread of a few weeks ago regarding Aux. Air Valve. I recall Brad or someone describing how to take one apart to clean it. I even think there was a picture.
seanery
This One?
Bleyseng
Don't take the top off unless its frozen solid! Just squirt some PB Blaster in it and let it soak for a day, then some more. Reinstall and it should work fine. The sleeve valve rusts some and sticks but it frees up pretty easy. If the heating element isn't working then take it apart to see what is wrong, like the wire has broken.
Geoff
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Sean and Geoff. It is the post about taking it apart that I am looking for. I started to pry the housing where it is crimped at the top and it seemed more difficult to bend it up than I expected. Decided to be sure before I ruined it. I will do the PB thing and see what happens. It is working somewhat, but not closing completely or only closing some of the time. I am hoping that is the cause of my hunting idle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.