Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some assistance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I know not everyone has built one, in fact I am sure not many have. I am hoping that someone has one that they will be able to answer this question or help me out with a photo or two. the Chalon kit I have is new and has never had lights in it yet. I got it mounted but cannot figure out how to install the front turn signals in the bumper. Here is a picture of mine, I drilled the holes for the wires to go through and holding the lights up there, I cant see how I am going to mount them. Any help here would be great. Maybe pull your front lights out and let me see how yours are mounted? Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

skline
other side
Aaron Cox
i think the lights go in the hole rolleyes.gif

sorry scott. cant help ya.....
skline
The gap at the top of the bumper will go away once I install the rest of the bolts. It fits nice with no gaps anywhere. I just got called to go do a job in Newport and will be back in a few hours. I am hoping to get this all together today so I can drive the car. Come on guys, help me out here.
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2005, 09:11 AM)
i think the lights go in the hole rolleyes.gif

sorry scott. cant help ya.....

So you just wanted to reply cause you are a Post Whore!!!!
ArtechnikA
i've got a 'play by play' Chalon installation article from a Peterson 'Porsche' anthology from a few years back; i'll scan the light section and post that in a couple of hours ...
JoeSharp
He is almost twice the whore that you are. biggrin.gif
Joe
skline
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Mar 6 2005, 09:20 AM)
He is almost twice the whore that you are. biggrin.gif
Joe

Almost. So what are you trying to say Joe?
JoeSharp
Scott: Check out the therad by Larry (Spare time toys). Fitting the Banana. It has a shot of the front .
Joe
Aaron Cox
user posted image
skline
Yeah, I sent him a PM asking if he would remove the light that is in there and take a picture of how it mounts in the bumper. Hopefully I will hear something back when I return from this job. I am leaving now so I can get it done and get back here to work on the car. Its a cash job so I just cant pass it up. Otherwise, I would be closed this weekend. smile.gif
VegasRacer
user posted image
neo914-6
Scott,
It's been decades laugh.gif but the backs of mine were already cut out or I cut them out since the light assemby would not fit with them there. I fiberglassed metal U brackets where the assemblies bolt from the back. I don't plan on removing the bumper since it is a PITA to get to the mounting bolts and then aligning everything...
Joe Bob
Looks like you can use a 911 SC or Carrera assembly in there.....It's a two piece assembly...turn signals AND US style side markers.
ArtechnikA
found the article - but it is completely silent on light installation. however - considering how cheesy early 911 lighting bracketry is, i'd think you could bond or blind-rivet some small angle brackets and they're be completely 'period-correct.'
spare time toys
Im no pst whore but here are the 5 I dsent emai incase they dont make it. The lights have a pin on them that goes in a hole you provide. The bananas were held in with RTV but I think some of those self threading nuts would work on the pins.
spare time toys
spare time toys
spare time toys
spare time toys
#5 want some posts Mr.
Joe Bob
Yep....looks more and more like the SC assemblies that were in my stock bumper before I went with fiberglass and chopped down the size of the turn signals....
skline
Yeah I got the pic Larry, thank you very much. I can see that mine is not the same and will need a bracket molded in somehow in the center of each side. One of the members here found a set of Chalon lights on Craigslist and sent me the link. They were brand new for $40.00 so I bought them. Plus I had 2 sets here that were used. I gave one set to Joe for his and he gave them to the guy that bought Joes Chalon body. So I have plenty to work with, I just need to fabricate a mounting for them. Mine is all open through the center with no center bracket to mount the lights to. Thanks for the help guys, I think I have a direction now.
Aaron Cox
glue them in! laugh.gif

post whore rolleyes.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2005, 01:29 PM)
glue them in!  :lol:

post whore rolleyes.gif

cool.gif A-aron....you have a lot of room to talk, kiddo!
You are one of the top posters everyday! wink.gif
Hey but we love you anyway!

Lisa laugh.gif
JoeSharp
Speak for yourself Lisa.
biggrin.gif Joe
drew365
Scott, my car is in the shop getting engine work. I planned on going there today. If it's up on the lift I can take a pic of the back side to show the mounting. I'm pretty sure I have a bracket in place. I'll let you know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.