Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, but Close: Darrian T9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
I was watching Speed Channel waiting for the Austrailian FI race and caught the Targa Newfoundland 2004. I shot up in my chair thinking I was looking at a modified 914. Announcers said the car was a Darrian. I little web search and I found this photo.
Announcers said the car weighed 1600 lbs. and produces 300 hp. Only 35 built in the early 90s. A take-off from another English car, the Davarian.
gregrobbins
Another photo
boxstr
Looks like #5 has four lug wheels and #91 has five lug.
CCLINDARRIANENVY
neo914-6
There are a few modern limited production or concept mid-engine cars you "could" compare to the 914. I studied them for ideas on the Neo914...
Opel speedster
Audi Spker
Renault spider
neo914-6
Audi
neo914-6
Renault
boxstr
Greg I searched but was unable to find any specs on the drivetrain.
CCLINDAVARINENVY
gregrobbins
Craig, I got the info on hp and weight from the announcers on the TV show. I didn't find anything specific on the any of the web pages either.

If you looked at some of the photos on the web page, they are a water cooled motor.

On the tv show the car lost a fan belt and the seats had to be removed from the cabin and access to that part of the motor was from the front via the passenger cabin.

Most of the web pages I looked at show the car in hill climbs and rallys.

I really like the rear fenders and think I have come across photos of 914s with similar treatments.

Apparently these derived from something called a Davrian. They were first produced in the mid 60s. Not produced in great numbers, never the less, a early mid engined production car produced before the 914. According to Brian Long's book, the 914 design concept was French. I guess everybody borrowed ideas from everyone else.
Jeroen
Felix, that's not an Audi, it only has an Audi engine...
It's a Spyker, a very exclusive high end sportscar (think $350K range) from... the Netherlands biggrin.gif
Go check out the website http://www.spykercars.com/
thesey914
A Dav at castle combe...
thesey914
nuther
Katmanken
Iffin I had one...

I'd name it Conan the Davarian...... blink.gif

Actually, whoever styled it really liked the 914. From the front 3/4 view it looks close- especially the roofline.

Ceptin they may have been talking to the guy on Ebay that had the red car with the rear roofline like that Davarian on his 914...

Ken
MattR
How about the Peugeot RC Diamond (and Spade)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
scotty b
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Mar 6 2005, 09:57 AM)
Audi

ohmy.gif DAAAAMMMMN that's good looking. Is it going to be produced or is it just a "dream" car? Kinda Aston Martinish no?
Jeroen
Scotty, read my post about the "Audi" laugh.gif
scotty b
Sorry Jeroen, I'm just here for the pictures! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.