Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoosier R7's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
john914somers
I'm wondering if anyone has an approximate estimation of how long I could expect a new set of Hoosier R7's to last? I will be doing 5 - 20 minute sessions a day. How many days should I expect them to last? Thanks guys!
slivel
QUOTE(john914somers @ Oct 1 2015, 02:01 AM) *

I'm wondering if anyone has an approximate estimation of how long I could expect a new set of Hoosier R7's to last? I will be doing 5 - 20 minute sessions a day. How many days should I expect them to last? Thanks guys!

The performance will drop off before they are visibly worn out. I change mine at about 12 heat cycles. My heat cycles usually involve 20 -30 minutes track time each. This requires that you don't flat spot the tires or have any rough off-track excursions that would shorten the life of the tire.
campbellcj
With the R6 (and predecessors) I'd get around 12-16 heat cycles same as Steve. I thought the R7 was supposed to last longer? I have switched to slicks so am not sure if/when I'll try some.
naro914
My experience with R7 so far:
5 sessions at Road America
12 autocross runs of about 1:10 each run
10 hillclimb runs of about 2:20 each run

Hard to say, but the last hillclimb runs we did felt the same as the first, so they hadn't dropped off much yet I don't think. We're doing a full weekend time trial with them in November, but not sure if that will be too late to give you good info.

sixaddict
With 12 heat cycles turned a strong time and personal best at Road Atalnta this past weekend....
I feel comfortable there is more left so one more event this year should be another 8
We'll see but thats early December.
sixaddict
Update:
Ran 4 events this year so that should have been 16 ....ah but the 914 plague got me so only 15
Last event (December 6) tires reasonably sticky and still predictable. Able to post reasonably good time at a new track ( that I am still learning evilgrin.gif ). Not sure any of this matches the very first runs as they ( and 6s) are awesome when new!
Interested to hear if others are getting more.
TOT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.