Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916-6 engine install help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John_914
I am getting to install the engine into my 914-6 and could use some help in figuring out how the front mount pieces all go together. Here are photos of what I have -- Do I have all the right bits and how does it all go together? Thanks in advance for any help.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Plate goes on top, then bolts up to the engine mount
rgalla9146
Th part in the picture with the bolt is not right.
I'll attach pictures of the right nut plate.
John_914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 1 2015, 08:03 AM) *

Th part in the picture with the bolt is not right.
I'll attach pictures of the right nut plate.

Much appreciated, but now I'm even more confused. Is what I have mounted to the car correct? Which piece(s) am I missing. Regarding the plate that's wrong, what does it belong to?

Thanks again!!!
The 2nd picture that rgally posted is the correct orientation of the parts. ..but its upside-down. Bolt goes in from the bottom up through the engine mount up to the plate on top.
porschetub
QUOTE(John_914 @ Oct 2 2015, 03:30 AM) *

I am getting to install the engine into my 914-6 and could use some help in figuring out how the front mount pieces all go together. Here are photos of what I have -- Do I have all the right bits and how does it all go together? Thanks in advance for any help.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

From Mittlemotor;

Click to view attachment

These are stock parts in the pic as far as I now?,something is odd about pic 3,that plate looks wrong ? but without seeing the underside a guess it will work .
My top and bottom plates aren't the same as one is stock and the other is a fabricated copy....fits good however.

Luke M
Also make sure that you install the proper bolt through the front mount.
It's longer then the trans bolts.

rgalla9146
The part in the picture with the bolt goes above the transmission mounts on all cars and above the front cross bar mounts on 4 cyl. cars.
John_914
Thanks all -- it's been a while. Apparently I had put a transmission mount in the bag with the engine mounts. Looks like I have it figured out (see photos). I took the body mount off the car and it became clear. I'll put it back on when I install the engine. PO had used epoxy to hold the top plate in place -- I've decided to use some safety wire. Thanks again.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
Since it's been a while.....
Mount the part that has the rubber in it to the chassis first.... on top of the chassis
support.
Then lift the engine part to the mount in the chassis.
Use a long drift pin to help align.
Also,engine install is easier with one or both side tins removed.
John_914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 2 2015, 07:55 AM) *

Since it's been a while.....
Mount the part that has the rubber in it to the chassis first.... on top of the chassis
support.
Then lift the engine part to the mount in the chassis.
Use a long drift pin to help align.
Also,engine install is easier with one or both side tins removed.

Manythanks for all the advice. How hard is it to install the side tins after the engine is in place?
rgalla9146
It's a bit fiddely
Jeffs9146
Tilting the engine with the tin in is way easier that trying to put the tin on with the engine installed, but it can be done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.