Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Motorsports display at Rennsport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The yellow car is 9140432294, already in the data base.
Silver car is a conversion 4722915201, adding to db

VIN corrected...
jim_hoyland
Silver conversion:
Scott S
I know the molds are getting bad/tired, but why, when using the 916 bumper, does no one seem to take the time to fit them correctly anymore? They are supposed to be the same distance from the front edge of the hood/eyebrows all the way across.

On a shade tree resto, I kinda get it - it requires lots of cutting and rework. But from a pro shop? it causes the whole bumper/intake/spoiler to rotate up - looks awful.

Drives me nuts headbang.gif
Scott S
like this....
Dominic
And that Silver 916 cost over $200K to build, it's a sweet ride if you can afford it! biggrin.gif
Scott S
Mine only cost 20 - but at least the bumpers were put on right! biggrin.gif

beer.gif
JmuRiz
Silver car has a GREAT looking roll cage. I love when they are tight to the A-Pillar and go into the dash.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Scott S @ Oct 1 2015, 11:42 AM) *

I know the molds are getting bad/tired, but why, when using the 916 bumper, does no one seem to take the time to fit them correctly anymore? They are supposed to be the same distance from the front edge of the hood/eyebrows all the way across.

On a shade tree resto, I kinda get it - it requires lots of cutting and rework. But from a pro shop? it causes the whole bumper/intake/spoiler to rotate up - looks awful.

Drives me nuts headbang.gif

I dunno....looking at the time that went into custom fabricating everything on that car, I can't imagine the bumper fit was the result of them not wanting to take the time. Maybe that's the way they wanted it? Other cars on his site show the same fitment so he obviously likes the look.
bandjoey
Op tickle illusion due to camera distortion. Probably a Samsung phone smile.gif
rjames
I normally despise red interiors, but I love it on that silver one. aktion035.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 1 2015, 01:03 PM) *

I normally despise red interiors, but I love it on that silver one. aktion035.gif

The red interior is ghetto to my eye...not in a good way...worst thing about the car. Otherwise drooley.gif

Cairo94507
I have never liked the 916 bumpers but at least when fitted correctly they look less objectionable. I agree that most are ill-fitted and hurt the looks of the car.
TravisNeff
The steel roof on it is mucho nice, has AC too!
Johny Blackstain
The molds are getting tired & they all seem to be narrow in the middle nowadays. I have the same issue on mine & I've been thinking a cool way to fix this would be to mount the standard 914 rubber bumper top onto the top of the 916 fiberglass bumper. It would be a unique look & could be done to the rear 916 bumper as well, to match the front bumper. I think it would give the 916 bumpers less of a prototype look & more of a finished look.
EdwardBlume
Wow. I walked right past the steel roof... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
TravisNeff
I got to see it as it was being built, pretty neat!
Larmo63
All of the newer 916 "style" bumpers are like that. I never liked them to begin with.

The red interior isn't my cup of tea either.

I'm sure the yellow car's serial doesn't start with a 7.

But, what do I know?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 1 2015, 03:52 PM) *

I'm sure the yellow car's serial # doesn't start with a 7.

Thanks....corrected, good eye smile.gif
MoveQik
I would say that this car is an absolute amazing example of a 914.....even if it isn't the way you would build it.

Rotisserie restoration. Flared 6 with AC. Flawless paint. Real leather interior. Top shelf components from front to rear but yet it still gets picked apart. You can't win with a 914 even in a 914 crowd no matter how nice you make it, there is no appreciation for the effort....

Of course I would do a thing or two different if I had the budget and skills but to pick on this car....really?
TravisNeff
Wills says he will do the 914 build off!!
TravisNeff
Whatevs, I will do up for the build off!
phillstek
I think it’s totally the owner’s prerogative to build the car to their taste and there is no doubt that PMS do exceptional work (I’ve been to their facility in Phoenix and have seen first hand the dedication to quality) but... to me a 5 gauge dash is sooo 80s and those seats are totally out of proportion to the rest of the car.

Each to their own though.
rgalla9146
I'm OK with the red interior.
I'm OK with most interiors that are other than black.
The seats ? Yeesch !
Is there a way to see more detail of the silver car ?
I'd like to see the AC compressor details
And the roof too.
Luke M
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 2 2015, 06:55 AM) *

I'm OK with the red interior.
I'm OK with most interiors that are other than black.
The seats ? Yeesch !
Is there a way to see more detail of the silver car ?
I'd like to see the AC compressor details
And the roof too.

Hi Rory,

Take a look here:
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/project/...ac-915-5-speed/

beerchug.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(phillstek @ Oct 1 2015, 11:56 PM) *

I think it’s totally the owner’s prerogative to build the car to their taste and there is no doubt that PMS do exceptional work (I’ve been to their facility in Phoenix and have seen first hand the dedication to quality) but... to me a 5 gauge dash is sooo 80s and those seats are totally out of proportion to the rest of the car.

Each to their own though.

agree.gif Was going to say this but Phillstek beat me to it
Cairo94507
Look, PMS is absolutely one of the finest builders of 914's I have ever seen. I too have been to their facility and was blown away by the quality of their work. If it leaves their shop, it is done right.

We all have our own personal taste when it comes to the ideal 914, some we can all agree on and some are rather, how you say, unique?

I would take either of those two beautiful cars and be tickled to own them.
EdwardBlume
914s will always be a dreamers car! PMS fulfills dreams (and empties wallets).
Maltese Falcon
Car colors (exterior/interior) in most opinions are "In the eyes of the beholder". My take on Silver/red is
I love it biggrin.gif
On a 930 turbo it is awesome, known as silver/lobster ; photo is of one of our members '77 930.Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
I wish the 914-6 had come with red interior, my car would be silver/red. Classic beautiful combination.
Larmo63
If you haven't been on the Patrick Motorsports' website, you're really missing out on the some of the best Porsche 914 builds on
the planet. That said, they probably have to build "to suit" for their customers and some of the things they do are not exactly to
my tastes, or most people's tastes.

Go check out their approach and you will see that they are experts and have it DOWN.

If I win the lottery, Speedy goes to Patrick Motorsport the very next week for a makeover.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 2 2015, 09:19 PM) *

If you haven't been on the Patrick Motorsports website, you're really missing out on the some of the best Porsche 914 builds on the planet. That said, they probably have to build "to suit" for their customers and some of the things done are not exactly to my tastes, or most people's tastes.Go check out their approach and you will see that they are experts and have it DOWN.

If I win the lottery, Speedy goes there the very next week for a makeover.

The website doesn't do his builds justice. You need to see where he builds them. You can eat off the floors and not a spare part is laying around out of place. I'm not sure if that makes him a better builder but I will say that it is impressive as shit when you walk in. Sort of nice to have him local when you need a hard to find 914 part.

Luckily I've only needed a part or two over the years as a build from him ain't in my budget!
Maltese Falcon
We will be running the Patrick's fuel-safe gas tank in our 8gtt>>fits like the oe tank in our limited space trunk.
Red interior? I also love it in the '63 Stingray driving.gif
MartyClick to view attachment
smokey
Check out the
Reinforcement bar installed before the build . This was done to address this exact issue.

Can't judge a book by its cover .

Right ?

smoke.gif
Erik@PatrickMotorsports
QUOTE(Scott S @ Oct 1 2015, 11:57 AM) *

beer.gif

Its always great to see others with exceptional success in their fitment. I was awaiting the pictures of you 916 as well. I am sure like we are you are very particular with the fiberglass parts manufacturers and take great pride in the work we do for all of our clients around the world.
Thank you
Erik@PatrickMotorsports
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 1 2015, 10:03 AM) *

VIN corrected...

Thank you all who took the time to stop by our booth that weekend at Rennsport. We sincerely appreciate it. We appreciate the praise and intelligent admiration most of you have shared about the 916 3.8L recreation. A car build to this level with all of its special requirements and details is simply not a simple or easy build.

Each of our cars we built to meet the individual client requests and specifications.
It is about fulfilling a very specific vision for everyone. Each finished project may or may not meets everyone's personal preferences. When a client works with us to provide their vision of a build they will receive exceptional craftsmanship and attentions to details as did this client. This amazing car was additionally the 1st Place winner in Monterrey at the 2015 PCA Werks reunion.

The owner has asked us at this time to represent the car for him.
If any seriously interested parties would like to discuss acquiring the car I would be happy to discuss this further with them personally.
Thank you
Erik Black
Patrick Motorsports
smokey
QUOTE(Erik@PatrickMotorsports @ Oct 5 2015, 12:56 PM) *

beer.gif

Its always great to see others with exceptional success in their fitment. I was awaiting the pictures of you 916 as well. I am sure like we are you are very particular with the fiberglass parts manufacturers and take great pride in the work we do for all of our clients around the world.
Thank you

QUOTE(Erik@PatrickMotorsports @ Oct 5 2015, 01:12 PM) *

VIN corrected...

Thank you all who took the time to stop by our booth that weekend at Rennsport. We sincerely appreciate it. We appreciate the praise and intelligent admiration most of you have shared about the 916 3.8L recreation. A car build to this level with all of its special requirements and details is simply not a simple or easy build.

Each of our cars we built to meet the individual client requests and specifications.
It is about fulfilling a very specific vision for everyone. Each finished project may or may not meets everyone's personal preferences. When a client works with us to provide their vision of a build they will receive exceptional craftsmanship and attentions to details as did this client. This amazing car was additionally the 1st Place winner in Monterrey at the 2015 PCA Werks reunion.

If any seriously interested parties would like to discuss acquiring the car I would be happy to discuss this further with them personally.
Thank you
Erik Black
Patrick Motorsports

welcome.png

Erik ;
Rennsport was just a blast ! It was great to finally shack your hand . Everything u have done for me in the past has been top notch .
I will call ha next week about my build.and catch up a bit .

Cheers

smoke.gif
Rick McCarthy

smokey
QUOTE(smokey @ Oct 5 2015, 04:36 PM) *

beer.gif

Thank you

VIN corrected...

Thank you
Erik Black
Patrick Motorsports

welcome.png

Erik ;
Rennsport was just a blast ! It was great to finally shack your hand . Everything u have done for me in the past has been top notch .

Cheers

smoke.gif
Rick McCarthy

Manny thanx goes out to
Brian and Ralph also and all the Patrick boys . Thank u for going the extra mile . Also
Thank u James !

smoke.gif

smokey
QUOTE(smokey @ Oct 5 2015, 04:36 PM) *

beer.gif

Thank you

VIN corrected...

Thank you
Erik Black
Patrick Motorsports

welcome.png

Erik ;

Cheers

smoke.gif
Rick McCarthy

Manny thanx goes out to
Brian and Ralph also and all the Patrick boys . Thank u for going the extra mile . Also
Thank u James !

smoke.gif

MoveQik
Bump from page 3 as it suddenly got quiet. Well played Erik. I guess the best way to shut up the haters was to thank them and ask them to show their superior work.

As I said, beautiful car with top notch components from front to rear and top to bottom. beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
Should be top notch work, even though 2 years in a row I Lost on best Non NARP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.