Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 993GT2 drivetrain, Boxster 2.5, 2.7, or 3.2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vinson
has any one else seen this?

"Here are some pictures of a 914 with a complete 993GT2 drivetrain,this car raced the last edition of the 1000 miles of Interlagos - Sao Paulo"

has any one trid droping a Boxster 2.5, 2.7, or 3.2. into a 914, or does this seem like a
point less swap?

neo914-6
There are a couple working on 3.2 swaps but haven't got the engines in yet. The major obstacle is adapting the Boxster rear suspension...
Andyrew
Do you NEED to put the boxter rear suspension in? IE does it hit the trailing arms or ears or something?

Oh I know why there doing that... They want to use the boxter trani, thus the boxter cv's, and while there at it, the whole rear suspension...

Andrew
neo914-6
Yes to both...
plus the Boxster rr susp and brackets have nice cast pieces!
monkei
wow! smilie_pokal.gif thats got the same drivetrain? complete with 450hp motor??? too bad they didnt include the triangle intakes that are on the gt2 spoiler...
neo914-6
Posted on Mar 6 2005, 05:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow!  thats got the same drivetrain? complete with 450hp motor???
More like a 993GT2 with 914 panels... laugh.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (monkei @ Mar 7 2005, 02:46 AM)
too bad they didnt include the triangle intakes that are on the gt2 spoiler...

what they gonna cool with those? the taillights laugh.gif
Britain Smith
I would love to see more pictures of that car...

-Britain
Andyrew
IMHO the body is too ricy..

Just by a little...

One easy way to get rid of the "ricy" look is to paint it back..

"If it were my car, I'd paint it black"
Qarl
It needs more ducts...

Brando
I think they should use a complete body kit. Not sections of flat fiber glass pasted together with wheel cutouts :\
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.