Thanks Brian and Kate
Kansas 914
QUOTE(cal914 @ Oct 2 2015, 01:40 PM) *

I would like to get a C.O.A on my 1970 car how do you go about getting one
Thanks Brian and Kate

Complete this form and fax/mail it in.

Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
Do as much homework as you can before you send it in or they'll send you a half ass COA. Tell them chassis number, engine serial number, trans number, exterior & interior color or a lot of that info might not be there when you get your COA. Also mention the build date on the door jamb sticker. Seems stupid, you're paying them to do the homework, but that's just the way it is. sad.gif

Good luck!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 2 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Do as much homework as you can before you send it in or they'll send you a half ass COA. Tell them chassis number, engine serial number, trans number, exterior & interior color or a lot of that info might not be there when you get your COA. Also mention the build date on the door jamb sticker. Seems stupid, you're paying them to do the homework, but that's just the way it is.

There's a lot of people out there (myself included) that don't have all of that information.

My car came without the original engine or transmission and had no door jamb sticker.
dry.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 2 2015, 05:01 PM) *

Do as much homework as you can before you send it in or they'll send you a half ass COA. Tell them chassis number, engine serial number, trans number, exterior & interior color or a lot of that info might not be there when you get your COA. Also mention the build date on the door jamb sticker. Seems stupid, you're paying them to do the homework, but that's just the way it is.

There's a lot of people out there (myself included) that don't have all of that information.

My car came without the original engine or transmission and had no door jamb sticker.
dry.gif

I know Andy, my six does not have it's original engine (5211 anyone?). That's why I said to do as much homework "as you can". The COA for my LE says 03/01/74 as the birthday, yet my doorjamb clearly says 02/74. If I had told them that in advance I might have had an accurate COA. I did tell them that the interior was tan & they corrected me & called it cinnamon. So many people here have complained about the COA that I figured it's best to give them as much info as you possibly can in advance to get a proper COA. smile.gif
SirAndy
The COA for my LE says 03/01/74 as the birthday, yet my doorjamb clearly says 02/74.

I'd be careful with the dates on the door jamb stickers. Those stickers are for the US market only and they are compliance stickers for imported vehicles.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't always jive with the "birthday" on record at Karmann/Porsche.
shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 2 2015, 05:30 PM) *

I'd be careful with the dates on the door jamb stickers. Those stickers are for the US market only and they are compliance stickers for imported vehicles.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't always jive with the "birthday" on record at Karmann/Porsche.
shades.gif

I had no idea- good to know. My six came with the 1970 appearance package, VIN & the chassis number- that was it. No door jamb sticker, 2.7 litre, a side shift trans, custom interior & an old black paint job. When I got the COA for it the only info I got was it was supposed to be Irish green w/ a black interior & the engine serial #. No mention of the appearance package, trans number or DOB.
confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
I thought all 914/6s came with Targa vinyl, chrome bumpers, and foglamps, whereas these were optional on the 914's.

For a USA 914/6, what was included with the "appearance package"?

Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 2 2015, 06:01 PM) *

I thought all 914/6s came with Targa vinyl, chrome bumpers, and foglamps, whereas these were optional on the 914's.

For a USA 914/6, what was included with the "appearance package"?

I didn't know all 6's came w/ the appearance package? My six came w/ the interior center deposit box & I know they all didn't come with that Jeff; I thought that was part of the package. Also came w/ a factory front sway bar, no rear.
confused24.gif

BTW- sorry for the thread hijack Brian.
flyer86d
I have not had the COA pulled on any of my cars and trusted the word of the previous and original owners as to their history. I have been a lucky trusting soul but also, I have owned these cars a long long time. I sold my 1958 coupe in 2010 to a collector in Canada. He had a contact at the Factory who managed to pull the original Cardex for the car. It answered many of the questions that had arisen during my 29 year ownership of the car and 15 year restoration that I had performed. I knew it was a US car but since it did not have bumpers when I bought it, I did not know what type was there originally. When we sandblasted the tub, we saw that there were no over rider support holes. Hence Euro low bumpers?? Well, the Cardex showed that the original owner was a GI that took delivery in Germany and had it brought to the US after his deployment. I bought it from the second owner.

The Cardex is the most accurate original build data and I don't have faith in the COA and frankly, it may hurt more than help. I have no clue as to what kind of pull you need to access the Cardex file at Porsche. The fellow that Bought my Coupe must have had some and based on his other cars, I'll bet he did.

Charlie
EdwardBlume
We were going to get the COA for Dads car but after talking to them the information contained wasn't worth the money.
JeffBowlsby
To avert misinformation the COA program is managed by PCNA...who accesses the Kardex to generate the COA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.