Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 5 hour tour today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Here is the route I took today. Was a fun drive although from Deadwood to Alsea the road was gravel for about 5 miles. I'd never been on this road. MY GPS brought it up so thought hey sweet. I doubt I'll ever take the road again but it was kinda cool. Besides the 5 miles of gravel taken at 15mph. The road after that was paved but a single lane road with turnouts. They don't bother with any sharp turn signs as they are basically all 25 milers. Not a horrible road but there are the possibilities or fallen rocks on it. As well as a fair amount of potholes. Still made for a nice overall drive. I met one car on the road. Anyway here was my route
My 5 hour loop
mankowski
Looks like a fun route Jamie -- lots of twisties -- and what a gorgeous day for it! I have been on some of those roads but never to the Alsea area. Good to know about the gravel stretch.
PanelBilly
Couple 100 years ago and you would have been doing it in a horse drawn wagon! How does Lewis, Clark and Jamie sound?
mgp4591
In the last 3 years I've been out to the Oregon/California coast and cruised a few thousand miles between 3 trips and it's always been on my bike. Now that it's history thanks to a pickup truck, I really need to get my car done so I can take advantage of my days off and vacations using my little car. I've always kept in mind that all these roads I've seen would really be as much fun if not more in my 914. The bike has been great but I don't think I'll be getting another- this recovery time has been grinding on and I never want to do it again. I guess that means I'll need a good partial or full cage for chassis reinforcement and safety because the bike just left me hanging in the wind. The engine bar on the bike did save my life however, so I've gotta make sure I've got as much protection as possible for my little hotrod!
Great to see you out enjoying your car Jaime! driving.gif
Mikey914
scouting for WCR? biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Any damage? biggrin.gif
nine9three
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 3 2015, 08:07 PM) *

scouting for WCR? biggrin.gif

That's what I was thinking. Whatever is decided, I think we need a tour of 914rubber as part of WCR 2016. That is if we aren't in Southern Oregon. Jamie?
JRust
Part of this route will be on a drive for WCR this year. Dates coming soon on that biggrin.gif
Cracker
Dog-gone impressive Sir...you got AAA towing? Beautiful place Oregon. Envious. beerchug.gif

T
jimkelly
5 hr trip, on secluded roads no less... wow smile.gif
EdwardBlume
Watch them guard rails... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.