Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1/18th Scale Porsches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike T
I'd like to add a 1/18th scale 914 to my small model collection. There are scads of 911's and 356's, can't find a 914. Does one even exist?

Mike T
Brad Roberts
Your ears must be burning.

Look for a post in about 15 minutes about this exact subject.

The guy who makes them ROCKS.

B
drew365
Don't know about a 914 but I received a 1/18 904 for christmas. I understand there is a competition 904 but haven't seen it. Sure would like it.
Mueller
WTB: one set of 5 bolt Fuchs for my 1/25 scale Ricthie Ginther car !!!!!
jonwatts
Ok, here goes. I came across this last week or so and couldn't believe what I was seeing or that the guy hasn't been mentioned in our circles before.

He designs and makes 1:43 scale (sorry, no 1:18 scale sad.gif ) models from the IMSA and Can-AM racing days. These aren't exclusively Porsches but there are quite a few in his catalog, including 914s. He sells kits of these models (including authentic decals) for under US$50, or you can have him build the kit for you at a total of around US$175.

For anyone going to the Dunkel Bros. swap meet this weekend, he will be at the Saturday event; a vintage literature meet held at the airport Hilton (see the event page on the 356 registry for details.

Ok, enough BS from me. Hit his page and check out the models. There are some 914s on the Sports Car page.

MA Scale Models

Jon
Part Pricer
Is it just me? Or, does anyone else want to smack that slimey grin off of the face of Mueller's banana?
jonwatts
I'm not the kind of guy that would want to smack Mueller's banana. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Jeroen
Wow... 42.50 for a kit is quite cheap! Thanks for the link!!!

I heard 'rumors' about a 1/18th scale 914 to be released some time in May this year

Our club does have some ceramic 914 models left...
Personally, I don't like 'em much

The 904 in 1/18th is available from www.minichamps.de (including a very cool orange/dutch version)

cheers,

Jeroen
scottb
all i want is a kit or model that matches my white 1973 2.0...... would give my left nut as i am done procreating anyway! :gilloutine:
boxstr
There are actually quite a few different 914s in various forms, Plastic, Tinplate, Metal Diecast and Stuffed Pillow.
I have included a few pics of some of my collection.
Theya re out there and you haver to be ready to sometimes pay the price to get them. The thing about the 914 items is they are not being made, other thann the 1/43 diecasts.
The plastic models, ad the tinplates are only what you can find. And try to ge the best example that you can, if plastic, still in the box and plastic bags and unassembled. The tin plates are usually played with and scuffed paint and britework that isn't so brite.
Usually at the LA meet each year there are some available. Put prices can be higher here than at a smalle ra local swap meet.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
boxstr
Second pic
boxstr
Third pic
boxstr
Last pic. These two are 1/24 th scale, there is also a Revell Richie Ginther car and a Yellow 914-6, I forgtot to take pics of.
Part Pricer
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 28 2003, 11:36 AM)
Third pic
IPB Image

Craig -

The one of the 914 at the service station is fantastic. Excuse my ignorance, but is this one rare? Who is the manufacturer?
Chris H.
Geez Craig what a stash! I had no idea that much 914 stuff was ever out there. Is most of it German/European stuff?
boxstr
In reply to Enormous Member and Chris. The service station diorama is a Schuco and it was meant for a red 550 spyder, but I substituted a 914. The rare stuff is probably the tinplates, because they are getting harder to find, and they can be in really crappy condition. Alos the 25 Jahre 914 is a 3 piece set, the 1/43rd diecast, a 25 Jahre pin and a large 30x40 factory poster. The plastic model 914s in the boxes are getting harder to find also. Lots of times they were glued together and parts were lost or broken off, they are more desirable,read expensive, when unassembled and in the original boxes.
Pic of poster for 25 Jahre 914
tahoward
Great collection, Thanks for all the pics. Something else for me to spend my money on! biggrin.gif
MJHanna
Who made the White 914 with the numbers 40 on the side? I can't make out the name on the side. Thanks
Mark
boxstr
The #40 was made by Detail Cars, I think they may be a off shoot of Minichamps? Not sure but the details like very similar.
Craig C. Laugln CAMP 914
seanery
anyone ever find a 1/18th 914?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.