Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni Yellow Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SilverBullet
driving.gif Brad and I have been working on getting a group rate on some Koni adjustables (Yellow.) Part number 1077s, and 1050s. If you are interested let us know and we'll put you on the order sheet. The cost will be $615 this includes tax and shipping.
smilie_flagge24.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Lawrence
Ummm, I hate to burst your bubble, but... list price at Paragon is 602.00, plus shipping.

Koni 914 Shocks @ Paragon
Mueller
Shox.com free shipping on Koni
(sales tax if in California)

It looks like they are all a good deal, it just comes down to where you live, the group buy would be good in California for reasons of tax and the fact that shipping is already thrown in.
campbellcj
Not to change the subject (only a little), but does anybody know of a source for the rear race Koni's? (Externally double-adustable, not the kind you have to partially remove to adjust).

I think they are NLA new...
seanery
Chris,

Last time I checked they were in Perf. Prod. catalog, separated a bit from the yellows & reds.
tod914
I raise your group buy to $620 plus tax and shipping smilie_pokal.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 10 2003, 02:44 PM)
Chris,

Last time I checked they were in Perf. Prod. catalog, separated a bit from the yellows & reds.

For 914 rears? I sure missed 'em, if they are there. Thanks for the tip!
aufaber
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 10 2003, 01:37 PM)
Not to change the subject (only a little), but does anybody know of a source for the rear race Koni's? (Externally double-adustable, not the kind you have to partially remove to adjust).

I think they are NLA new...

The Reds that are only Single adjustable seem to be NLA. You can Still Get the Yellow double adjustable Sports paragon and this group buy.. etc..

I think the ones you have to take off to adjust are black.

-Aaron G>
Mueller
I just got brand new Koni Yellows...only compression is adjustable via the knob on the top.

The units Chris is asking about have a knob near the bottom of the shock
aufaber
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 10 2003, 04:12 PM)
I just got brand new Koni Yellows...only compression is adjustable via the knob on the top.

The units Chris is asking about have a knob near the bottom of the shock

Like these?
http://www.koni.com/_racing/_damper_series...escription.html

Cuz, Jeff's Koni Reds also only have a knob at the top.

The only ones I've seen like you descibe are the full race external resivour units, but those weren't koni..

Well.. my Motorcycle's dampers all have external adjustements at both ends... hehe

-Aaron G>
Tony C
Chris, Try TrueChoice. The double adj shocks are not an off the shelf part.

-Tony
campbellcj
Thanks Tony.

Yes; I am asking about the "real" externally adjustable shock. Not the one where you twist the shaft at the top, these have a knob at the bottom and can be adjusted in seconds with no tools.

I have actually seen a Bilstein double or triple-adjustable 914 shock once too. I would imagine those are unobtanium. They were probably worth about as much as the roller I saw them bolted to (it had 908 brakes too; shoulda bought it just for parts).

The Koni's seem to have been pretty popular over the years and (I think) should come in at a price point below the external reservoir stuff...which would hit me with more mod points (in POC) in addition to hitting my wallet about $1K a pop. I know a lot of hardcore guys are doing JRZ's and similar, but I am a ways from that as of yet...24 adjustment settings per corner of the car is too mind boggling for me.

I currently have the yellow Bilstein's BTW, I think with stock valving. Up front I have revalved RSR/Rallye Bilsteins.
seanery
Chris,
I pulled out an old Automotion catalog (I used to take one with me when I went to Perf. Prod) the part # for the fronts is KO-1149R for 911, 912, 930 & 914 (tell em its an Automotion p/n) Cap nuts p/n is Boge Struts - KO-0076R or Koni Struts - KO-0077R. I don't see a part for 914's rear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.