Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One stop shop - does it exists?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william1764
Need referral for shop in mid-Atlantic to rebuild my 2.0 (desire 2056), replace suspension, and transmission rebuild.
mepstein
Black Forrest racing in nc. won't be cheap but they can do it all and do it right.
william1764
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 4 2015, 08:17 AM) *

Black Forrest racing in nc. won't be cheap but they can do it all and do it right.

Thanks Mepstein. A little farther than I had hoped but will look into. Bill
mepstein
QUOTE(william1764 @ Oct 4 2015, 12:37 PM) *

Also Chris / tangerine racing in ct. Still not close but another top shop that can finish your car without compromise.

I'm sure there are other people who can work on our cars in the general area but make sure to talk to past customers first.
ChrisFoley
I have a car that came up from coastal NC in my shop right now.
We assembled and installed a 2L engine, and we're finishing a number of re-assembly/restoration steps started by the owner after he had the car repainted.
william1764
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 4 2015, 08:47 AM) *

Also Chris / tangerine racing in ct. Still not close but another top shop that can finish your car without compromise.

I'm sure there are other people who can work on our cars in the general area but make sure to talk to past customers first.

Yes I know Chris. In fact, he performed PPI when I purchased out of RI years back. Definitely great option however really hoping for a shop I can realistically drive to for occasional peek at progress. That may be unrealistic however
rmdinmd
you could try aircooledracing.com in Wellsville, pa not too far from Gettysburg I believe.
Johny Blackstain
Auto Therapy
8027 Snouffer School Road , #A
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
301 417 7111
ConeDodger
QUOTE(william1764 @ Oct 4 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Yes I know Chris. In fact, he performed PPI when I purchased out of RI years back. Definitely great option however really hoping for a shop I can realistically drive to for occasional peek at progress. That may be unrealistic however

Your price just tripled! blink.gif
william1764
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 4 2015, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(william1764 @ Oct 4 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Your price just tripled! blink.gif

agree.gif I thought the same thing as I typed that comment
william1764
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 4 2015, 03:38 PM) *

Auto Therapy
8027 Snouffer School Road , #A
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
301 417 7111

That's real close. Do you know the name of the guy that owns that shop or have any direct experience with them?
william1764
QUOTE(rmdinmd @ Oct 4 2015, 03:08 PM) *

you could try aircooledracing.com in Wellsville, pa not too far from Gettysburg I believe.

That's not too far...I'll check them out also. Any direct experience with them?
william1764

Just noticed you're in Balto area - I'm in Howard County. Do you perform your own work/service or use local shop?
rmdinmd
QUOTE(william1764 @ Oct 4 2015, 09:03 PM) *

Just noticed you're in Balto area - I'm in Howard County. Do you perform your own work/service or use local shop?

QUOTE(AlanG @ Oct 4 2015, 09:06 PM) *

No, met them at teenerfest, but they are the ones that brought the 2 green GT cars and Steve (an older racer) started it. So there is no doubt in my mind they are legit and would imagine they do good work, can't comment on price.

So far as doing my own work the car was in pretty good shape when I got it so it hasn't needed any major work. But yes, I try to do many things myself; this is my first aircooled car so there is lots I don't know and I never was a "gear head" so mainly I can follow a repair manual and replace parts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.