Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What mileage to rebuild the EG33
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
All the running cars that I have found in my price range,are 180 - 220 K mile cars should they be rebuilt ????
mepstein
I bought mine running with 195k. I'm not rebuilding. I'm running it as is and once it gets on the road I'll probably buy another car with a running engine, put it aside as a spare and go from there. My goal is to get a running 914/svx by next spring. I don't mind upgrades once the car is on the road but I'm trying to keep it from becoming a multi year jack stand project. That's just me, others won't feel comfortable without a reseal, water pump, vacuume lines, ect.
flmont
Thanks..I agree...I want to do the exact same thing..I just like to ck my common sense....sometimes,....I will how ever rebuild the second engine or at least freshen her up...
mgp4591
The main thing with the EG33 is you want to make sure the timing belt is in good shape. I'm not sure what the factory interval is but you should plan on about every 100k to replace it, the drive belts and the water pump. If there aren't any oil leaks or other obvious issues you should be good and even if the t-belt does break, it's not an interference engine so in most cases you won't incur 2k or so for new valves. Regular maintenance is important and should be attended to; then you've got a 2-300K engine in most cases. My EG has 108K, runs great and when it comes out of the SVX it's getting those minimum requirements.
flmont
Ah Good news,...Thanks Guys,...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.