Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Build-Off Challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
As many of you know I have a thing for swapping engines. My Audi conversion is a blast but I recently acquired a Ferrari V12 and transaxle and can't leave well enough alone. I wanted to enter into the 914 Build Off Challenge too. I'm pretty sure this build will be the most challenging.

The V12 does pose some real fitment challenges. Rather than cutting the cabin bulkhead like Rick did on the Alien, the chassis will be stretched 12" right behind the drivers door. This will also lengthen the wheel base. The rear suspension will be borrowed from a wrecked Cayman S. The front may be grafted is as well as the design develops.

Click to view attachment

I will be running dual MoTec fuel injection systems with wasted spark. The Ferrari dual clutch transaxle will have a custom controller that integrates with the MoTec system. Cam profiles will be upgraded, compression bumped and heads ported and polished. This combination should be good for 800HP on race gas.

I've procured a Cellete table and have it ready for sectioning the body. A tube chassis will replace the structural long and tie all the suspension points together. Carbon fiber brakes and center lock wheels will top off the unsprung mass,

Steel flares will be applied and widened 4" to house the new 20"x14" rear wheels with 20"x10" in the front.

Dash cluster will be replaced with an F1 steering wheel and heads up display.

All of this work I plan to have completed in about 10 months.

Not to be outdone, the 914 will hace ice cold AC and a data logging system.

Here's a rendering of the stretched 914.

Click to view attachment

psych! bs.gif av-943.gif
With so many build off threads I had too... bootyshake.gif
Cairo94507
Damn I was totally believing that....... slap.gif Not!
Mikey914
Yeah had me too agree.gif
Andyrew
Hahahaha

As soon as I saw the Ferrari engine I started laughing!

Funny thing is I think all that stuff is totally doable smile.gif
r_towle
I was gong to say for all that money I would just buy a ferrari
Chris H.
Keep it Audi!

Audi W12

Couple of turbos on this should get you over the 800 hp mark.
Sedonut
Had me going too.

I love the Porsche sounds, still it is hard to beat a 625 HP Chev and it fits.
dangerranger01
"If it sound too good to be true...it probably is."

^^^what i thought when i read the title....haha
jeffdon
If anyone in the world would attempt this, it would be Mike.
mgp4591
Could you fit it into a 904 chassis and body.... if you actually have the engine/trans at all? idea.gif
Other than that, here I sit trying to figure out how the dimensions of your Ferrari build will look in person- what a relief to know that it was just one of my legs that was a little longer from being pulled lol-2.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 4 2015, 08:49 PM) *

Could you fit it into a 904 chassis and body.... if you actually have the engine/trans at all? idea.gif
Other than that, here I sit trying to figure out how the dimensions of your Ferrari build will look in person- what a relief to know that it was just one of my legs that was a little longer from being pulled lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
I want that FeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cheer.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 4 2015, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 4 2015, 08:49 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Dat ass.
Maltese Falcon
But you can't TURBO a Ferrari powered 914....
or CAN you? headbang.gif
Mueller
Audi V10 on eBay with a Buy It now for $3000 .... that is tempting!
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 4 2015, 09:19 PM) *

Do it Mike....Do it.
jeffdon
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 4 2015, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 4 2015, 09:19 PM) *

Do it Mike....Do it.

Probably bolts right up.
boxsterfan
I'm putting a 914 2.0L in my Ferrari.
jeffdon
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 4 2015, 09:38 PM) *

I'm putting a 914 2.0L in my Ferrari.

Stock motor with factory FI, I hope. Should knock those service bills down.
rick 918-S
laugh.gif Good one! Should have saved that for April fools day. Bet you could have stretched that yarn out all day. aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 4 2015, 11:49 PM) *

I've seen that engine out of the car... It's just about as wide as a 914. But, I agree. If anyone here could or would do it... evilgrin.gif
EdwardBlume
If anyone COULD do it..... that kid's got mad skills.... aktion035.gif
trojanhorsepower
QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 5 2015, 10:52 AM) *

If anyone COULD do it..... that kid's got mad skills.... aktion035.gif

That is exactly what I thought!
But I was hoping he would use a different car so the Audi car would stay together.
whitetwinturbo
.........would it be a fast as this Ferrari?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD82h6ca_uw
JRust
You had me at Build off Project Sasquach wub.gif
mgp4591
Your photoshop rendering would look good and proportional if you put a rumble seat in it... idea.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 5 2015, 04:49 PM) *

Me too,don't see the point,heaps better and more reliable/cheaper engines round than that for sure.
It however makes "press" and comments confused24.gif confused24.gif .
budk
QUOTE(porschetub @ Oct 6 2015, 12:22 AM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 5 2015, 04:49 PM) *

Me too,don't see the point,heaps better and more reliable/cheaper engines round than that for sure.
It however makes "press" and comments confused24.gif confused24.gif .

Umm... It was meant to be a joke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.