Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Weber Carb Throttle Linkage Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I'm installing a 2056 with dual carbs. The carbs came with the engine but were not mounted on the engine when I purchased it.

I installed the carbs with the linkage towards the rear like an engine I picked up a few years ago again with weber dual carbs.

But now in the car, the linkage hits the trunk torsion bars.

I guess the linkage goes in the front of the carbs? Does anyone have a pic or 2 of their setup?

Here's the engine with the carbs on and linkage in the rear.

Click to view attachment

And the engine in the car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bozo914
Yeah, swap left for right and spin 180 degrees, linkage toward flywheel end of the engine now.
bozo914
Err, fan pulley end. Damn brain farts.......
Spoke
Thanks. I may have answered my own question reading through the classifieds. The linkage is in the front.

wndsnd
Get the Tangerine Racing set up from Chris.

The best product I put on the car by far.

r_towle
No question, get rid of the cross bar, it will drive you nuts.
Get foleys cable system....tune once and forget it.
aircooledtechguy
!. Tangerine Racing cable linkage - best linkage I have ever used hands down.

2. CSP twist linkage - best traditional twist linkage available today.

3. X-bar linkage - can work well, but is time consuming to get right and goes out of adjustment easily
SKL1
Another vote for Tangerine linkage...

BTW- gonna be making any rear light LED boards again for 914's???
Spoke
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Oct 5 2015, 09:28 PM) *

Another vote for Tangerine linkage...

BTW- gonna be making any rear light LED boards again for 914's???

I bought the engine as a "running" engine, cleaned it up, and running as-is. If it runs good, I'll start upgrading items including Tangerine linkage.

We are planning to do another run of 914 lights. Busy right now with 911 lights. Doing round and square brake lights. Then front and rear turnsignals. Made some 3rd brake lights and just ordered a pile more of 3rd brake lights.

dcecc1968
Spoke,
I'm in the exact same boat, but my linkage is just the opposite and it works. I think if you SWAP the carbs, the crossbar will line up....90 degrees with the carbs.
McMark
Seriously, don't use at linkage. Yes it can work. No, you still shouldn't use it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.