Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, still not on the ground yet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
wacko.gif Man-o-man was this a workday---!!!!!

Run into snafus with the braking system--so I could not mount the wheels yet and get it off the jackstands--I found all my problems--and have everything needed disassembled and ready for modification tomorrow evening---actually did get the brakes on and bled--but the adj. arm on the pedal does not have enough space and the master is not letting fluid pass back into it--so it is locking them up---but I can say--whoa! What a firm pedal!!!! It is a 23mm single stage master, originally for drum brakes , I tried it on a whim, it was cheap and ifn it did not work, not many clams outta my pocket--I am going to have to screw with the proportioning valve to be a little softer--but I was told that all I need to do was back off the adjuster 1/2 turn at a time until I get the feel I want. I modified one of my pedal arms to long, so now I gotta cut it and shorten it 1/4 inch--not bad really--

I know I got paint on the disc surfaces--but the pads are half life and the discs need renew anyway--this is just to get me rolling and do some tinkering when it is running until I get the beans to replace them---

This was a tiring day....
jwalters
rear sus---done!!! biggrin.gif

Come to find out on my donor car was a set of weltmeister 140 lb progressive springs--way cool--I do not think these are manufactured anymore--
jwalters
biggrin.gif
jwalters
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.