Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Cleaned, Painted &
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
I'd posted my engine cleaning last week & was pounced upon by quite a few to pull the tin & clean deeper.

Well, I did and went even further. I'm not totally finished puting it back together. Got the wiring done and the ECU polished & painted (those little boxes really shine when a wire brush wheel touches them)!!! Got new "L" brackets for mounting it to the fire wall. Re-adjusted the TPS. Cleaned ground contacts, throttle body and wiring harness. Re-routed harness to a cleaner hidden look (not in these pics tho).

So, anyway, couldn't spend all day on the car today since it's our anniversary so it might be running by Tuesday.
Got a puppy class to go to Monday wink.gif

Gotta say tho, shore looks diff'rint beer.gif

.......b
Bruce Allert
Painted...... smilie_pokal.gif

.......b
McMark
That's the ticket! It was really easy right? clap.gif

I don't know what this is supposed to be, but it came up on google searching for "Happy Anniversary".

user posted image
TheCabinetmaker
clap.gif smilie_pokal.gif Looks great Bruce. keep up the good work. Curt
nine14cats
Bruce,

Is that powdercoat or rattlecan? I'm thinking of pulling my engine and detailing her....

Bill P.
Bruce Allert
Rattlecan Bill. Went to the FLAPS and picked up some hi-temp stuff (500 degrees). 4 - 5 coats later......

BTW, I got MOPAR Orange and Chevy Orange.... My Gawd what a difference ohmy.gif Went with the Chevy Orange.

Next time I do anything like this it will be on a pulled engine. I gots bruises & sore spots all over me front & side from lean'n thru the top rolleyes.gif
........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.